iPhone 5 + DualXGPS150 + GoPointBT1A

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
POgliani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iPhone 5 + DualXGPS150 + GoPointBT1A

Post by POgliani »

Hi fellow petrol-heads,

I am going to hit the track in a couple of weeks time and I just got the DualXGPS150 and the GoPointBT1A. I am planning to use it with the HPT Petrolhead running on an iPhone5

On my first tests, the overlap OBDII info in the video had a delay, therefore I must play with the settings a bit to get it right.

I wonder if any of you have the same hardware set up and could post the parameters you use in the HLT settings for optimum performance and accuracy. Should I change something else, like "Accelerator Tweaks", "Timing" or "Trigger Detection"?

Any race day tips are welcome too. I have done it before, but it will be my first time using my own car.

I am planning to mount the gps on the dashboard and the iPhone in the middle of the front seats (in the middle of the car, hanging from the head rest).

Thanks in advance
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPhone 5 + DualXGPS150 + GoPointBT1A

Post by Harry »

You need to tweak the OBD sensor delays yourself as they are strongly influenced by the car. Want to say "there is no configuration for XGPS150+BT1 that works always". In your case, please play with the OBD sensor delay only (leave all other delays as they are). In case the OBD is ahead of GPS (just check the Speed Chart), decrease the OBD delay, and the other way around. Please do not change "Accelerator Tweaks", "Timing", or "Trigger Detection" - they are fine as they are.

Hope that helps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
POgliani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by POgliani »

Hi Harry,

I did my run yesterday and today I am trying to render the overlaid info in the video. However, the information from the OBD is not showing up in the video. In fact the needle just moves when passing by the split trigger.
I made sure that the the ODB device (GoPoint) was connect, but I cannot say for sure if the information is recorded. Is there a away to know which info is stored in the device?
Not having the OBD info means that the speed info is not in the video as well. However, I can see the speed in the data recording screen, probably from the gps. Is that possible to use the GPS info instead if the OBD info wasn't recorded?

I am more than happy to send you any info you might need to solve this.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I am running the Petrolhead Edition with the Grand Prix Upgrade.

Thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This means you do not have OBD data available for the whole lap. Most probably the connection dropped before starting. You can verify OBD data for a lap by entering the data recordings are: select Lap List ‣ select any lap ‣ scroll to Data Recordings ‣ select Preview ‣ Charts In Charts you see several pages - the later are OBD data like RPM. In the first chart - Speed, you will see GPS speed as a solid line, and OBD speed as a dotted line.

To overlay videos with lap data with invalid OBD values, turn off OBD in Overlay Configuration. This will remove the right OBD gadget and use GPS speed instead of OBD.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
POgliani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by POgliani »

Harry, you rock!!!

Thank you