Managing Lap List Question

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Managing Lap List Question

Post by Dubbedown »

Stupid question, when you go to Lap List -> Manage List... what is the purpose of this? I'm assuming it's to help organize the list of laps but don't you have to Load the track from the database anyway? It seems like this function is nothing more than being able to group my laps by whatever name I assign (even though under Manage List, it says "add a new track"). It's not really adding a new track, rather adding a new subtitle or name I want to assign and be able to separate / organize my laps how I please, right?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here, thanks.

Also I noticed the one time I didn't "Add new track", my laps all got assigned to "Unspecified", and in order to later organize it to the preferred track or group, I had to edit each one individually. Can we add a feature to edit and choose multiple laps directly from lap list, and assign the correct track all at once?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Managing Lap List Question

Post by Harry »

LapTimer keeps "laps" together in "tracks" - it is a simple grouping. Although you usually add this groups by loading them from the Tracks List, you want to maintain / edit this grouping from time to time. This is what Manage List is for: adding, editing, removing track groups.

The feature request on bulk re-grouping is on my list. This is similar to bulk export, bulk deletion, etc. I will first introduce session and track day grouping to touch the lap list not too often. v18 / v19.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image