Problem using laptimer data on Circuit Tools

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
ruimeireles
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Problem using laptimer data on Circuit Tools

Post by ruimeireles »

Hi, I've exported some laps to VBO format and tried to open them with Circuit Tools. At first I couldn't get anything to display. Then I changed the number of satellites from 000 to 10 and was able to see the lap list, lap times, maximum speeds, g forces and a drawing of the circuit. However, I was unable to get a speed as function of time graph (the main graph in Circuit Tools). It just shows up empty. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Many thanks,
Rui
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem using laptimer data on Circuit Tools

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The satellite topic is a known problem with CT. LapTimer v17 will utilize exactly the same workaround you used (adding 10 satellites). Can't comment on the other item.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

In the standard screen of CT you should see a box bottom left, there you can choose the available data to be displayed on the graph.
ruimeireles
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ruimeireles »

Many thanks bulls23! I had somehow missed that screen. Now everything works as it should. I'm very happy with this product, thank you Harry. :)
ruimeireles
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ruimeireles »

Actually playing with it a bit more, data recorded in 2012, with an older version of Harry's LapTimer, shows up with roughly double the supposed time (e.g. a 1:30 laptime shows up as a 3:00 lap). Is there a way to fix this? Thanks again!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

CT makes its own judgement on the data. As the time doubles, it sounds like it considers two laps as one? What is the (approximately) correct time? Is 1:30 or 3:00 realistic?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image