Dumb question: How to overlay?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Dumb question: How to overlay?

Post by dasams »

I just purchased HLT and am trying to create my first lap. I setup a course around my neighborhood, established the start/stop, recorded a 'lap' and then watched the video which, of course, didn't have an overlay. The help section says to navigate to details page and press the 'Overlay' button but it's not there. I'm using an iP5 and I've only driven the course once during set-up. Maybe if I go again the 'Overlay' option will appear? any suggestions appreciated. dave
09 Carrera S - Black, 6 sp, Carrera red full leather with deviating black, adaptives, navi, XM, etc
06 Cayenne S - Crystal silver, air suspension, bi-xenon, navi, sirius, etc
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dumb question: How to overlay?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I assume you have Harry's LapTimer Professional installed (the Standard edition requires either the Pro upgrade or at least the Video Feature). To overlay a video, navigate to the Lap List. Select the lap you want to overlay (it need to both have data recording, denoted by a small track shape, and a video recording, denoted by a small camera in Lap List). Scroll down to the Video section. You should see the "Overlay" button directly below the video preview here.

Hope that helps.

- Harry

P.S. Topic will be moved to "Using LapTimer" later.
Image Image Image Image
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dasams »

Harry wrote:To overlay a video, navigate to the Lap List. Select the lap you want to overlay (it need to both have data recording, denoted by a small track shape, and a video recording, denoted by a small camera in Lap List). Scroll down to the Video section. You should see the "Overlay" button directly
During my lap, the memory filled and video recording stopped. I can view the partial video which I had hoped to overlay with the data. However, the small camera is not present in the Lap List which I suspect is due to having only a partial video. I'll try it again.

Thanks for the quick reply, Dave
09 Carrera S - Black, 6 sp, Carrera red full leather with deviating black, adaptives, navi, XM, etc
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can add a video later (just press "Edit" in the Lap Details and select "Add Video" afterwards). The video is required to cover the lap's end however, so one that has been finished early, will not work...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dasams »

Harry wrote:You can add a video later (just press "Edit" in the Lap Details and select "Add Video" afterwards).
Harry:

I finally got the overlay to work by hitting the Edit button (following your advice above) which brought up a page that contained the Overlay button. But I did not have an Overlay button on the Lap Details page as explained on your Help page in More. Maybe update the Help page?

This is a wonderful program but does have a bit of a steep learning curve. Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

But the help page is correct as long as you do not run into an error condition due to low memory, right?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dasams »

The Help topic is correct: Lap List > Details > Overlay. Dave