Android (Rookie edition) + Race Render 3?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
vxrtom
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Android (Rookie edition) + Race Render 3?

Post by vxrtom »

Hi everyone.

I've got the Android Rookie Edition (patiently waiting for petrolhead/GP edition :D ) of Harry's Lap Timer

I've got a RoadHawk HD dash cam that I use for road and track day recording. I have recently also downloaded the Race Render 3 software.

Is it possible to have the stand-alone video running, then my Android phone running Harry's laptimer (connected to OBDII reader) then using Race Render 3 (or is there better choice?) overlay the data from Harry's Lap timer to the video in post processing?

I guess I have to wait for Petrolhead/GP edition first? Am curious if others are doing this as the video from mobile phone isn't great.

Looking for the best/easiest solution for getting the video + data together after being saved seperately (data to phone, video to camera)

Thanks

Tom
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android (Rookie edition) + Race Render 3?

Post by Harry »

LapTimer comes with a versatile CSV export that can be used to feed overlaying data into Dashware and TrackVision (competitive products for RR). I assume RR works too, but the export is optimized for the two former. So yes, that's a working scenario (but not nearly as convenient as on device overlaying, and more expensive).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
vxrtom
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by vxrtom »

Thanks for the super fast response Harry.

Yes I agree on the convenience and cost - but I've not yet come across a one device solution within the realms of affordability. Do you have a set-up in mind for this that would be beneficial?
vxrtom
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by vxrtom »

Dashware and TrackVision look good.

The phone is ideal for data logging, but often not possible to mount on track days to use as a camera, so need to capture that separately.