Compare reference laps with Android user?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Compare reference laps with Android user?

Post by king-rb »

Hi Harry, I have HLT GP, and have been using it for a very long time, great product. My track buddy has an Android, and has been using Track Master app I believe. I've been trying to get him to use HLT, which now offers a rookie version.
My question is that if an Android user has HLT, can we share lap data to compare similar to a reference lap? If so, where can I find the procedure to do so?

Thank you!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Compare reference laps with Android user?

Post by Harry »

Just export the lap to compare to .hlptrl and send it to your friend's smartphone. He opens the mail and touches the .hlptrl attachment. LapTimer will import that file. No, mark this lap in lap list as the reference and open any other lap to compare it to. Or vice versa.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by king-rb »

Harry wrote:Just export the lap to compare to .hlptrl and send it to your friend's smartphone. He opens the mail and touches the .hlptrl attachment. LapTimer will import that file. No, mark this lap in lap list as the reference and open any other lap to compare it to. Or vice versa.

Harry
Hi Harry, I was able to successfully import my friends lap into my HLT, however when viewing charts in his lap it does not show my reference lap. I am also not able to select his lap as a REF, it only shows the EXPORT button. The laps are for the same track.
Thanks

EDIT: I believe the issue was that he sent me his reference lap. When he sent me another lap I could overlay successfully.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please select the lap imported from Lap List and scroll down to the bottom of its Lap Details. As long as the lap is not the reference lap already, you will see a Reference button here.

Harry
Image Image Image Image