Tapatalk

All topics on using and maintaining this forum
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk

Post by Harry »

rscliofan wrote:How do you know if you have the pro version?

I have the old paid for version (upgraded to the new version) with some iap such as photo hosting.
On your iPhone, start App Store and navigate to "Updates". Select "Purchased" and you will see all apps your have purchased currently (includes free apps). In case you see "Tapatalk - Community Reader", it is not the Pro version. To my knowledge it is not as easy to check In App purchases. If e.g. you bought LapTimer Standard and upgraded it to Pro / Petrolhead later, you will see LapTimer Standard / Rookie in "Purchased". The only way checking this is keeping the receipts sent by Apple whenever a purchase on AppStore is done.

Not sure how Tapatalk handles that. As their basic app is free now, In App purchases are actually not necessary for Tapatalk. You pay the same for Pro - independent of whether you had the former version already, or start from the beginning.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Tapatalk

Post by rscliofan »

Thanks Harry, seems I only get the reader version despite paying for it.

I had to log into my account to upload photos to tapatalk so perhaps that alters it to not get adverts as I've not seen them on any forum yet.

****EDIT****

Loos like the pro version is the same as reader with all the iap off the reader version.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk

Post by Harry »

The former paid Tapatalk app has changed to the free Tapatak app some month ago. The ads topic above is not rolled out so far. Nevertheless Tapatalk informed forum owners already - which lead to the above agreement for the future.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image