Only recorded 3 laps for a few sessions

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Only recorded 3 laps for a few sessions

Post by franman »

Just got finished with two great days at Watkins Glen. I've been using HLT Petrolhead all season, with all the various updates along with my B/T GPS... On day one, all sessions and all laps were recorded fine. On day two, the first session recorded all nine laps, but the next two sessions HLT only recorded the first three laps of each session?? I specifically remember having to hit the X to end these sessions once pitting in, so it didn't crash and was still 'running' at the end of these sessions. I have plenty of storage left... not sure what the problem is at all. I've done single days at LRP with over 50 laps in a day.. on the second day at WGI, I only got 9+3+3 laps recorded in total.

Has this happened to anybody else? Harry, any ideas? I'm a bit stumped. Really funny thing is the exact same problem happened on the same sessions to my buddy in his car using HLT?? Something in the air??

HLT Petrohead edition v17.1.2 Aug 7 2013
iPhone 5 with latest IOS 6 updates
Dual XGPS150
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Only recorded 3 laps for a few sessions

Post by bulls23 »

No crashes, plenty of space left, happened the same day, the same way to a friend...I would guess it comes down to some GPS reception problems that day / that place.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's odd, but most probably the reason. It is the 95% only guarantee.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

Huh... that is interesting. That's a least three people.. Can't be a coincidence... but, why would GPS not work on a really clear day, when the previous day it had been more cloudy and there were no problems? Very interesting indeed.
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

Because technology is fickle. Maybe there was a solar flare and all the GPS satellites went to low power mode as a protective mechanism.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

franman wrote:Huh... that is interesting. That's a least three people.. Can't be a coincidence... but, why would GPS not work on a really clear day, when the previous day it had been more cloudy and there were no problems? Very interesting indeed.
GPS signals are not blocked by clouds or rain (but don't work under water)...but like Dr_Pippin said, solar flares can.
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

Solar Flares!... that must be it!

I will assume that the Sun will cooperate next time I'm at the track!