Post by Mike S2k »

Great news Harry
Mikebotz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: 1. Overlay of whole video

Post by Mikebotz »

This is great news.

I can't wait, hoping to see that feature for this track season.

I've been using HLT Pro since the beginning and it has progressed very nicely.

Harry, Just so I understand HLT Pro became Petrolhead and is now the middle version with grand prix being the top?

If I'm not using an external high rate gps what would upgrading do for me?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes, Petrolhead is an enhanced version of Professional and replaced it. The editions are described here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/LapTimer_Products.html In addition to better sensor support, GP adds automatic reference video Picture in Picture, MultiCam (remote control other iPhones or a HERO), several additional views in Data Recordings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mikebotz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mikebotz »

Thanks, Probably an already answered question but can we record from both front and rear cameras on the iphone with GP version or the does the pip need to be from another device?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Despite iOS does not allow to activate both cams at the same time, I doubt one can find a mounting position where both cams get a appealing field of view? I'm aware Samsung is currently promoting such a feature for their S4. They certainly show it in situation where the photographer watches the preview of the main cam (so he/she is captured by the front cam) - which is possible as the photographer takes a photo and doesn't drive :-)

So to answer the question: for PiP you need any other device (iOS in MultiCam operation, GoPro in MultiCam operation, or any cam operated manually with footage transferred and aligned manually later).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jonsen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Jonsen »

Hi Harry,

Any updates on this one, still due for V18?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes
Image Image Image Image
Ronnie
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ronnie »

KiSwiSje wrote:i have to overlay lap per lap
i then have to import this on the computer, and add all the laps back together, checking if the vids line up properly. 95% of the time they do, but there is a noticable click where the cuts are, more like a brief moment the sound cuts out.
I then have to export this video, as youtube complains about audio sync issues, and upload it to youtube. All in all a lot of work!

If i could overlay a session of laps, i could upload it directly from the iphone.

Please Harry, consider adding the feature of being able to overlay attached several laps (a session) - either manually, or automatically

thank you
I support the idea of having ability to overlay several continuous lap at one go. I am using this app for Karting together with a GoPro Cam. Everytime i need to compile the data. I need to go through over 50 laps one by one.

Here is a sample of the video.
http://youtu.be/eAJXzSYV400
Andy MTM
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Overlaying multiple lap date to one video in Iphone 4

Post by Andy MTM »

[Moved to this thread]

Hey Guys

I cant work out how to overlay muliple laps onto one video? The tracks i am running here are quite short and we are only doing 5 lap sessions so would be great to be able to post a 5 lap session with data or even just the 5 lap session with the fastest lap showing data?
Is it possible?

Regards

Andy Hope

P.S The app is awesome and have been spreading the word at the track here in New Zealand