[FAQ] Preparing iOS and GoPro MultiCam Devices for Recording

Collection of all FAQs and HOW-TOs posted throughout the system. Read only.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [FAQ] Preparing iOS and GoPro MultiCam Devices for Recor

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's how it is in 17.0. It will be changed in 17.5

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

Hi Harry! Amazing amazing software I just put to work at Watkins Glen and I loved it. Everyone I showed it to was very impressed. One problem i did see was getting the GoPro to consistantly work as you describe here.

I have the right password and setup and everytime i started the "Video" section, it would always find the gopro and show that on the screen and turn it on if it was off. However, it did not consistantly tell the gopro to record at the same time the iPhone started to be recorded. There did not seem to be any rhyme or reason.

Any ideas?
Tinnit
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Tinnit »

jtt777 wrote:Hi Harry! Amazing amazing software I just put to work at Watkins Glen and I loved it. Everyone I showed it to was very impressed. One problem i did see was getting the GoPro to consistantly work as you describe here.

I have the right password and setup and everytime i started the "Video" section, it would always find the gopro and show that on the screen and turn it on if it was off. However, it did not consistantly tell the gopro to record at the same time the iPhone started to be recorded. There did not seem to be any rhyme or reason.

Any ideas?
I ran into the same thing this past weekend. I raced 6 sessions and the app turned on the camera for two of those six sessions. Since it successfully worked at times, I assume I have the settings right. I made no changes in between sessions. Before leaving the paddock, I made sure the little GoPro icon was displayed in the corner of the video screen.

Everything else worked awesome. I'm continually stunned at how much data this app captures. Love it! Keep up the great work!

Version 17.1.2, iPhone 4S, GoPro Hero3
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's part of the reason I name MultiCam for GoPros "experimental". Problem is LapTimer sends commands currently, but cannot verify everything works as expected on the other side. Reason is the GoPro guys do not publish their protocol - I'm sure there is a lot more possible... I will return to the GoPro integration this Winter. Currently iOS7, enhanced (standard) video recording / overlaying, and Android Petrolhead require all my time ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

Thanks Harry!
Edelsvärd
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Edelsvärd »

Hi Harry, i seem to have trouble using my brand new GoPro Hero 3 Black with my iPhone 5 (ios7) and Laptimer (updated to Grandprix). I have set multicam on in settings,i use the same password in wifi settings (gopro app works fine), the camera starts in videomode. However, Laptimer will not find the gopro and I can not find it with the link "http://10.5.5.9/bacpac/SH?t=goprohero&p=%01" (i have changed the password in the link for the wifi aswell.)

Do you have any more ideas of what i should do or try next?
(Firmware HD3.03.03.00, and I have tried to update it a few minutes ago aswell)

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please check if command works when entered into Safari. In LapTimer "Discover MultiCams" and the correct "GoPro Wifi Password" is all you need to set. Once this is done (and the iPhone connected to the GoPro network), enter the Video View. You should get a HERO placeholder image after a few seconds.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mcclungq
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mcclungq »

I went through all the steps outlined above for Multicam and can't seem to get two IOS devices to pair. I have a Hero3+ that seems to work fine. I have a 5S and I tried to pair with my old 4S, my girlfriends 4S and my son's 5S to no avail. I have the Multicam app on each of the satellites and GrandPrix on the master. All have BT enabled and the Multicam app started after the master was up and settled. The GoPoint BTI and XGPS160 were a breeze to connect.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Do you have MultiCam turned on in LapTimer GrandPrix? It is a setting in LapTimer's Settings view.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mcclungq
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mcclungq »

I sure do. Discover MultiCams is set to green. I tried with no other sensors attached to isolate the problem. I just might have a problem with my iPhone5S?