Video file too large to copy to cameraroll

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Video file too large to copy to cameraroll

Post by johmei »

Hi,

I have an interesting problem. I would like to export the full length video from a long stint. The video file is 5,9GB on my 16GB iPhone5. The problem I run into is that I cannot make enough space for the video to copy (move) 5,4GB free and I have only left apps smaller than 30MB. Is there a way to really move a video to camera roll, deleting the file in the Laptimer app? Or a way to export such a large file to my computer bypassing the copy process? I was thinking about purchasing more space at iCloud but is not really impressed with iCloud and really doubt that it will be able to handle a file of this size at all.

Or are there any other way to free up space than using Settings - Usage and deleting as much as possible.

Thanks,

Johan
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video file too large to copy to cameraroll

Post by Harry »

Try iExplorer to move the file directly from LapTimer Documents folder to your desktop. For the future, please make sure to record shorter sessions, or at lower resolution - a 16GB iPhone is filled very fast. Once you fill it completely (LapTimer will stop some 100KBs before the device is filled up), you run into deadlocks like this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

Thanks for the advice. I actually found a similar yet faster and free application called iFunbox. Works like a charm! =)
I'm heading out for a 2 day track event this weekend and will bring a computer for downloading video when I get time. I mostly use VGA resolution but the iPhone 5s capture some great HD..too bad there are no memory card options. Might have to migrate to Android for HLT eventually. =/
//J
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Recommendation for any video activity with smartphones is 32 or 64GB, 16 is simply not enough.
Good to know about the iFunbox option, thanks!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

Do you still get the data overlay when removing the video from the HLT folder with iFunBox?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dr_Pippin wrote:Do you still get the data overlay when removing the video from the HLT folder with iFunBox?
No, there is nothing left to overlay... You need to do that first, lap by lap.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image