Missing meta data/0 out of 1 PiP video(s) valid and included

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Missing meta data/0 out of 1 PiP video(s) valid and included

Post by johmei »

Hi,

I used HLT with multicam iPhone yesterday at a track event. To save space I transfered one session to my computer from the HTL device. When I got home I transfered all videos (main + multicam) to my computer. Now I transfer back one session at the time to make PiP overlays on the main device. The problem I run into is that HLT does not let me use this video as PiP as it is not "valid". I get a preview of the correct video however HLT does not let me use it for overlay. What I have found is that the metadata is gone for this specific file. Is there anyway of recovering that? Or how to proceed. I read that for goPro you manually input metadata in order for the vid to be recognized.

To be clear: It is the video actually recorded with the main device and HLT that does not work. I want that video to be PiP as it was mounted in the back. The Multicam video I want to use works as it should.

Thanks,

Johan
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing meta data/0 out of 1 PiP video(s) valid and incl

Post by Harry »

Please inspect the video link by selecting the lap (bringing you to Lap Detail) and pressing the "NO VIDEO" row. This will bring up the Video Details with most information not showing up (because the video is not accessible). In the File Properties area you find the place the video is expected (row "Source"). Scroll down to LapTimer Integration and read the row "Link". There can be several types of source / link information:
  1. Video has been linked from LapTimer Recordings: you find "LapTimer Recordings" as source and a filename as the link. To restore, copy move the file (with exactly that name) to LapTimer's Documents folder using iExplorer.
  2. Video has been linked using a MultiCam tag: ignore the source and read the MultiCam tag from the link row. Add this tag just like you would for a GoPro video and transfer it either to the Photo library or elsewhere on the phone. LapTimer will recover the link independent of the source / location.
There are further source / link combinations, please let me know if the above cases do not cover your situation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do not think the two cases covers my situation as it says "Camera Roll" in the "Source" section of file properties. For further details see attached screenshots. If the video is not GoPro or Multicam, what should it say in the metadata? The Multicam video has Genre data: "multicam://cloud/JIH-DE35FFCD-00".
Attachments
2013-07-08 13.00.58.jpg
2013-07-08 13.00.58.jpg (114.35 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
2013-07-08 13.01.20.png
2013-07-08 13.01.20.png (164.39 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
2013-07-08 13.01.26.png
2013-07-08 13.01.26.png (201.5 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That is #2. As written above, you can ignore the source in case the link is made using a tag. Please just enter the MultiCam tag as you would do for the GoPro (same format).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

Hi,

I think I need som further help as I just cannot get this to work. I have edited the meta data in VLC (mac) but it keeps changing so I downloaded MetaX which is easy to change meta data with. I have tried changing the "Genre" to multiple things:
multicam://cloud/JIH-BBCCE53D-7A0D-4090-B389-E2ED7554B4DD
multicam://cloud/JIH-BBCCE53D-00
multicam://cloud/JIH-BBCCE53D-GP
But none of them work. The video is not recognized as a HLT video at all. The "BBCCE53D-7A0D-4090-B389-E2ED7554B4DD" is the tag I get from HLT as you can see in the screenshot earlier as well. How to get the video to work again?

Thank you

Edit. Also the video preview for the second, and problematic video, does no longer appear. It just says "NO".
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The snapshots above are incomplete - I can't see the BBCC... tag here - and actually don't get the full picture. The BBCC... tag is a 3rd kind of link: it means a video sitting in the Photo library. Is this the master video, or the link you see in Video List / Video Details for the video tagged using MetaX? In case it is the later, there is another rows of interest in the bottom of Video Details: it is named "Metadata" and should actually display the MultiCam ID entered in MetaX.

Sorry, that's a little complicated discussing it from remote. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

This is the link I see in HLT for the video that does not get recognized. It also says Metadata None when I check in the lap details for the video. But if I go the Video list and details for this video it says a different link and Metadata as I input with MetaX. See screenshots from lap details and Video list details.
Attachments
bild (1).PNG
bild (1).PNG (75.98 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
bild.PNG
bild.PNG (200.39 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For cases like this, it seems I need to make more editing features :-D

The snapshots are as follows: 1) The lap has a "hard" link (BBCC...) to a video sitting in the Photo library. The metadata field would show values in case the above hard link could be resolved - which is not the case. 2) The video stored in Photo library manually (0000...) has a metadata information JIH... (which actually should be JIH-BBCCE53D-00). Problem is the hard link in the first snapshot, the video is not referenced by a MultiCam tag (soft link) any more...

To finally solve the situation, please proceed like this: write down the sync time "01:41.89" from the open video link in the first snapshot. Return to Lap Details and remove the open video link (e.g. by swiping the video row). Press "Add Video" and select the "0000..." video from the Photo library. LapTimer will prompt you to define the sync point. Adjust the selection to show "01:41.89" and close the view.

Hope that helps. Sorry you needed to dive into the different storage location specifics - I try to abstract from this topics for the user usually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

Thank you Harry! Sure the "fix" you propose works fine but I have to do it for every lap now. I wonder when the link data was broken. Too bad iCloud sync just is not working out for me. The files get too big and I end up manually transfering. Manual transfer works most of the time but here I ran into problems for som reason. iCloud works for smaller files if I give it some time but these are like 3-5 GB each.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I assume you moved the raw video to the Photo library? That exchanges the soft by the hard link - for all laps pointing to it...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image