GoPoint BT1 Failure

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

GoPoint BT1 Failure

Post by karacticus »

Just posting to see if anyone else has had similar issues...

I've been successfully using a GoPoint BT1 with HLT on my BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe for a couple of lap weekends, but at the last one, the BT1 quit working. I get a bluetooth connection with beeps from the unit, but the values update very irregularly-- maybe once or twice a minute. HLT shows an update rate of 0 Hz.

I see the same behavior using GoPoint's app on the phone, so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with HLT.

After sending a customer support contact in to GoPoint, I've received no response after an initial contact confirmation for a week and a half now.

It was great while it worked.

Does anyone know if there are any alternative products out there for a bluetooth connection without jail-breaking the phone?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPoint BT1 Failure

Post by Harry »

There is no alternative for BT except by jailbreaking your iPhone... Do you have the latest BT1 firmware installed? Please have a look into viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1338 in addition. LapTimer v17 has a completely rewritten OBD parser, so its behavior has changed. It is a lot more accurate in particular - raising issues that have been ignored / not detected in former LapTimer version.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by karacticus »

Latest firmware is installed.

I can't recall the timeline for V17-- unit worked well May 24, 25th, and June 8-9, wasn't working June 22-23.

And the fact that GoPoint's own app displays similar behavior seems to rule out HLT.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's true. Just wanted to clarify on the versions and potential changes. May, June all have been v17 already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I've found that when I get 0 Hz on either GPS or OBD update rate, it means I have to reboot my iPod and/or restart HLT. All versions of iOS 6 are buggy, IMO. I recently found yet another way to reset my iPod: let the battery run all the way down. For some reason, this seems to have a different effect than resetting by pressing home and lock at the same time. I'm hoping it will fix my problem with my VBOX Sport, but I'll have to wait until it gets back from Racelogic in the UK.
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by karacticus »

GoPoint is sending me an exchange unit to address the issue. Hoping for the best!