Gopoint is leading my video

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
aw88071
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Gopoint is leading my video

Post by aw88071 »

My OBD data is leading my video (e.g. The throttle and RPM's are leading the actual event). Is there a setting for the GoPoint to delay? I see other sensors have delay in advanced settings but I don't see anything specific for GoPoint. There is also some advanced settings for OBD, but I don't know what there affect is.

Thanks for any advice,

--Tony
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gopoint is leading my video

Post by Harry »

Assuming "leading" means the OBD data is shown too early compared to footage, you need to reduce the OBD Sensor Delay in LapTimer's Expert Settings. The settings is miss-named as I just saw, "KiwiWifi OBD" should actually be "Any OBD". Please note this changes delays for future recordings, existing recordings stay untouched. In case all data recordings are "leading" (i.e. OBD+GPS+Acceleration), you may go the other route and change the video delay. This has the advantage it is applied each time you overlay. So you may start with tweaking the Overlay Synchronization Video Delay and increase that value.

Last note: change one value at a time and in small steps. 0.5s should be the typical change for one iteration. Gaps sometime look huge while they are actually very small.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
aw88071
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by aw88071 »

Thanks Harry. I can experiment with changing the settings in new video. It looks to be the ODB and acceration is leading, but the GPS looks to be on target. I will try to delay the video sync anyway, but it looks like I'll have to add delay to the GoPoint and XPS150. Here's a link to my first lap...Do you agree (There is a 2-3 shift that is obvious to cue off of).

http://youtu.be/cTOVGbJHlDM
aw88071
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by aw88071 »

Also...I think you mean to increase sensor delay (1s), and decrease video delay. As it turns out I decrease video to 0 and it seems to be in sync. For my next session should I increase the sensor delays, and return back to 1s video delay, so I have some wiggle room?

Dual XGPS150 change from default 0.7 to 1.7
KiwiWifi OBD (Any OBD) change from default 1 to 2
Internal Acceleration change from default 0.5 to 1.5
Return Overlay Synchronization to default 1s (Currently corrected video is 0)

Thanks Harry,

-Tony
aw88071
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by aw88071 »

My setup is Iphone5 iOS 6.1.3+XPS150+Gopoint BT1 using PetrolHead Edition v17.0.3
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

On the video: video, acceleration and GPS are pretty much in sync from my point of view. OBD is ahead - which means it is faster from actual event to the time LapTimer receives data. This means the delay assumption is to high and needs to be reduced like stated initially. So I think reducing it by 0.5 or 1.0 seconds is the right direction. It is a pretty complicated thing to think about and mostly you will go the wrong direction initially :-)

To repeat: the delays are the time between the time an event occurs in reality and the time it is processed by LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image