Newbie - Recording just data logging and lap times

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
zzkamikazezz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Newbie - Recording just data logging and lap times

Post by zzkamikazezz »

Hi,

I'm looking at buying the app for some track days I have this year. I normally use my gopro for footage so I can see me steering inputs etc.

Can I use this app to record just OBD info and lap times? If so, can it be done without going into video mode and burning storage and battery further? Also can the logging be done in portrait mode? I ask as I am going to install a fixed mount into my car and was planning on having it installed in portrait mode.

Any links to guides would be great, sorry if I have missed them, the ones I found didn't cover just the logging.

Many thanks

Rob
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie - Recording just data logging and lap times

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes, all of this is supported (timing+OBD+GPS only, portrait). Video is an addition added later, the roots of LapTimer is data recording only. Please check the Quick Start Tutorial to see portrait / data only operation:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS09uYuxRXU[/youtube]

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
zzkamikazezz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Newbie - Recording just data logging and lap times

Post by zzkamikazezz »

Thanks, i came across that but didn't see mention of obd logging, good to know it does that to. Hurry up apple and v17!