Settings for Motocross

Request and discussion on new / to change features
cvitanic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Settings for Motocross

Post by cvitanic »

Hi ! I just purchased LapTimer, and am wondering if it´s possible to configure the advanced settings for a better response on a motocross track.
I haven´t used it yet in "real world" conditions, but I think that leaning the bike might cause a constant "portrait/landscape" swap which might be a little annoying.

Other thing, when I tried to configure the dirtbike settings, I didn´t find tire sizes for motorcycles, only for cars.

I also purchased the Timer Addon, and I need to view the total elapsed time, so I can set timed training sessions. Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Settings for Motocross

Post by Harry »

On portrait / landscape. On a motorbike there is no lateral acceleration for your device as you compensate it by your lean angle. Anyway, rotation is blocked while driving more than a certain speed. Tire codes are not so different for cars and - at least - street bikes. What size do you want to enter. Please keep in mind tire sizes are to calculate gears from other OBD values only, so it will be for documentation purpose only. Not clear on the last point. The timer view will show current lap time, last / best lap time (reference) and gaps between.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cvitanic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cvitanic »

Thanks for your reply ! The issue about the timer refers to being able to view the total running time, not just the current lap. This is very useful for motocross, since most riders base their training sessions by duration, rather than a number of laps.

This is because MX races usually work that way, a moto is usually 15 minutes plus 2 laps, so a training session takes about 20 minutes. Hence, it would be useful to have the total elapsed time since the beginning of the session to know when to stop.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, I understand. I have a 'race' grouping on my list, but it is not implemented so far.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image
cvitanic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cvitanic »

Great ! looking forward for it !