BT Stack and Max Q Quantum 20Hz

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
ProDarwin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

BT Stack and Max Q Quantum 20Hz

Post by ProDarwin »

So last weekend my co-driver and I tested Harry's Lap Timer using the iPhone GPS. The interface/software is great, but GPS resolution is too low. This week I jailbroke my phone with the intent of using our Max Q Data Quatnum GPS (20Hz) with it. If I go to BT Stack and connect to it, it I don't see any of the data. It just shows a google map with no location, # of satellites, etc. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't purchased full-version of BT Stack GPS yet, but I would assume the demo version would at least show me its working.

I know this is an unsupported use, but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: BT Stack and Max Q Quantum 20Hz

Post by doborder »

The full version of BT Stack works well. I have a Qstarz 818x. I have no connection issues. GPS works well. The speed on the speed overlay is not accurate at 10hz
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Update rate displayed is reality / what is effectively received - almost always a little bit below spec as all the sensors drop a fix from time to time. I understand the question as a connection problem 'before' arrival in LapTimer. I'd ask the BTStack GPS people for support.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ProDarwin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ProDarwin »

doborder wrote:The full version of BT Stack works well. I have a Qstarz 818x. I have no connection issues. GPS works well. The speed on the speed overlay is not accurate at 10hz

This is what I see in my version:

I'll see if I can ask the bt stack gps people. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a max q problem though :(
mringwal
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mringwal »

If the BTstack GPS demo doesn't even show the time, the communication with the GPS just doesn't work as expected.

Please send try once more and disconnect after a few seconds, then send me (iphone@ringwald.ch) the file /tmp/hci_dump.pklg from your iPhone.

Best, "BTstack GPS people"
ecugrad
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ecugrad »

doborder wrote:The full version of BT Stack works well. I have a Qstarz 818x. I have no connection issues. GPS works well. The speed on the speed overlay is not accurate at 10hz
Same here
ProDarwin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ProDarwin »

mringwal wrote:If the BTstack GPS demo doesn't even show the time, the communication with the GPS just doesn't work as expected.

Please send try once more and disconnect after a few seconds, then send me (iphone@ringwald.ch) the file /tmp/hci_dump.pklg from your iPhone.

How do I get to this file?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

ProDarwin wrote:
mringwal wrote:If the BTstack GPS demo doesn't even show the time, the communication with the GPS just doesn't work as expected.

How do I get to this file?
If you are on Windows, look for this: http://iphonefolders.com/
With that tool you can easily access all of the iPhone file system. Of course you need a jailbreak, as for btstack.
ProDarwin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ProDarwin »

Doesn't work on win 7 x64 :(

Is there a different way to get the file from my phone?

Edit: nevermind. I used ifunbox and got it. Sending email now.