Transferring data (cars/tracks/laps/videos) to "Trainer"

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Yellowjacketboss302
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Transferring data (cars/tracks/laps/videos) to "Trainer"

Post by Yellowjacketboss302 »

Hi Harry.
I just purchased Trainer for iPad. I have much data on the iPhone. Some laps video overlaid - some not. Now need to transfer all data (cars, tracks, laps, videos) from the Laptimer on the iPhone to Trainer on the iPad.
Please let me know the best way to do that.
Thanks.
-- Jim
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Transferring data (cars/tracks/laps/videos) to "Trainer"

Post by bulls23 »

Go to the "laps" view an look at the top left. There's a button with a phone / mail icon. Use the email export for a full backup. Keep in mind: videos are not part of the backup (that would be too much data) and you have to transfer / backup those separately via your PC or Mac.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transferring data (cars/tracks/laps/videos) to "Trainer"

Post by Harry »

In addition, you can use the device to device transfer outlined here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Trainer.html
In case you want to transfer your videos, you need to go the path through iTunes - you need to relink the vids afterwards in addition as they will be stored in different locations... Actually, video transfer is not recommended. Although I love the idea to have all videos on my iPhone / iPad - as I have all my laps with me, that is simply to space intensive. So the usual approach will be to overlay nice laps of a track day, and transfer the whole video stuff to a PC afterwards. I like having one or two nice overlaid videos in my iPhone's Photo library in addition - to show around.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image