Autocross screen times out before input complete

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
RED09CORVETTE
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Autocross screen times out before input complete

Post by RED09CORVETTE »

I have bought HLT for Autocross events and I am having a problem getting the course inputted. From the Guide screen, I select the Autocross option, name the course, and define the Start point when I begin my track walk. Before I can finish the track walk, which may be 10 to 12 minutes later, the screen seems to "time out" and go to a different screen before I can define the Finish point, so I can't get the course defined. I'm using v16 on an iPho4ne 4. Any suggestions?
Car #12 - Super Stock
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autocross screen times out before input complete

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Which screen do you actually get? As a workaround, please check if the AX track set has been created in a situation like this. You can find it in 'Lap List' in this case. Select the row stating you have 1 or 2 triggers in the AX section - it is just under the AX section header. You can add triggers here manually if you want. An AX track is always made up of a 'Standing Go' trigger in the staging area, and a regular 'Stop' trigger at the start finish line. You can set or move any trigger using the Map view within LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RED09CORVETTE
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RED09CORVETTE »

It goes back to the Guide screen after 4 to 5 minutes. I will sometimes get a message "Error - Current lap had data problems, invalid lap added..."

If I go to the Lap List I can see a time stamp from the attempt. It shows a Start point with a STOP/GO trigger. The Finish point shows on the same coordinates as the Start point, but it is a STOP trigger. Note that I did not assign that Stop point - it set it on its own. I have been very careful to make sure I am not inadvertantly touching the screen to cause the issue.

Not sure I understand why it jumps back to the Guide screen. I have tested multiple times to ensure I am not touching the screen by accident. Also, why does it assign a Start point with a STOP/GO trigger when in the AX mode? (Should be a STANDING GO trigger - right?)

It continues to give beeps at seemingly random times from 10 to 90 seconds apart - not sure what causes or why that occurs.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

setup: iPhone4, Dual XGPS 150A, GoPoint BT-1
Car #12 - Super Stock
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please remove the Stop/Go trigger(s). The AX function adds a Standing Go, and a Stop trigger for the finish. BUT, these triggers are added when the AX Assistant is finished... There are several places triggers can be added, so these ones have been added accidentally - maybe some time ago. Theses additional triggers cause the start of timing / beeping.

Back to the original issue, and I checked the code a bit. Problem with getting back to the Guide screen is LT's auto hide feature for all hover views (and the AX Assistant is such a hover view). For assistants, the time out is set to 300 seconds = 5 minutes ;-) After this time, the view is closed silently and you are back in the Guide View. The work arounds are:
  • manual creation of these two triggers
  • use the AX Assistant, set the staging point, walk a bit, press Define Finish some (short) time later, walk to the finish line, use the Map View to drag the created Stop trigger to your current position
  • or walk faster :-)
Hope that clarifies / helps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RED09CORVETTE
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RED09CORVETTE »

Thank you Harry. I appreciate your time looking into this.

One last question about another possible work around. Could I set the Start point and then walk straight line to the Finish and set the Finish point without following the actual path of the course? I could typically do that in one to two minutes. I could then return to the Start and perform my 10 minute strategic walk along the full course path (without pressing any buttons, of course!). So the question is: To set up an Autocross course, does HLT need to see the actual path of the course or just the Start / Finish points?

Thanks!
Car #12 - Super Stock
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer makes its track sets from distinct triggers only. Paths are recorded while driving, but are not part of a track set definition. So yes, walk directly to the finish line (I had this model in my head all the time and wondered how big this AX was so you need to long to reach the finish line). :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image