[SOLVED] Bugs since v16

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

[SOLVED] Bugs since v16

Post by tipounastre »

Hi Harry,

Since v16 I'm experiencing a few nasty bugs:

- a new function in HLT is that the bar is automatically hidden - getting it back is sometimes impossible and I have to use other icons on the screen like the information or toolbox icons...
- last week I've recorded a 30 minutes lap (work / home) to play a bit with the latest version and video overlay. Everything went well. The only issue is going to the lap details. It is extremely slow and switching from one detail (RPM, altitutde, acceleration) to the other is almost impossible.

I have an iPhone 4s 32Go with iOS 5.1.1.
HLT version is: 16.0.3 Prodessional

Kind regards,
Jerome
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bugs since v16

Post by Harry »

Hi,

You can turn off the tab bar hiding in case you are not comfortable with it. Just check LT's settings. Please note that the active area of the tab bar is actually much bigger than the icon shown. I will check if I can add an outside in swipe action later.

On Lap Details: certainly depends heavily on the number of fixes the lap has. A 5Hz GPS sampling for example reduces speed a lot. I'm not aware 16 changed anything in this area so it is probably some device added?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Bugs since v16

Post by tipounastre »

no new device added... still Kiwi OBD.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bugs since v16

Post by Harry »

The sampling rate is determined by GPS, not OBD. However, the number of fixes is the only item that comes to mind if you perceive v16 slower than v15 here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Spinnetti
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: [SOLVED] Bugs since v16

Post by Spinnetti »

I'm finding it impossible to unhide the bar on the bottom too. Thanks for tip to shut that off.

The whole thing seems much slower on my iPhone4 than v15x. I would think its unusable on the 3gs now?

Great app, but getting more confusing to use.

*** Update ***
So I watched a youtube video of this feature and now I get it.. .the UI function is usually operated by a slashing motion, but in this case requires a touch and brief hold. When you do that it works fine, but any sort of other gesture especially the swipe motion that some of us would expect don't work at all... Works fine, just not how I thought it would work. I do think there are too many paths through the UI though.