Missing videos

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Missing videos

Post by deco »

Hello, I have a weird problem:

Recorded a few videos yesterday and a couple are missing from the lap list. There's nothing, as if they didn't exist, but browsing the ipod with iExplorer the videos are in the ipod... but nothing at all shows on the lap list. no info, no video, nothing.

Any ideas?

regards,

D.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Missing videos

Post by Harry »

In case the laps show up, but do not have vids associated, relink them using Lap List - Lap Details - Edit - Add Video

Can you recall what steps you took to record / operate LT?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Missing videos

Post by deco »

Hello Harry, we had a trackday in Rio (JPA, Nelson Piquet) and I recorded everything manually, I can see the video and copy it to my computer through an Iphone/Ipod browser, but in the App and in the Ipod it's like it doesn't exist. Nothing at all. Nothing on the lap list, etc... Everything else is OK, all other footage/laps are fine. I'm pretty stuck here, no idea what happened. Did like 7 or 8 recordings and only only one is missing.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

When you say you can see the video using a browser, where are they located? In the Photo library or within LapTimer's Documents folder?
What iOS version do you use (and which LapTimer version)? Have you turned location service on? Once you turn it off, iOS will not allow LT to access the Photo lib - which is kind of strange.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by deco »

File is in the documents folder. Lap Timer version is the latest, OS is 5.1.1, location services are on. Like I've said, no idea what happened. One weird thing: 2 of the recordings are dated 1974, no idea why.

Ps. videos only show on camera roll after overlay.
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

You don't drive a Delorean , do you?
H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by deco »

lol

and it's weird too, because date shows fine when exported, but I get this in the browser. the missing file date is ok, though.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Missing videos

Post by Harry »

That looks pretty much like a problem of the viewer used. All named files are written using standard iOS operations, no date manipulation done...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by deco »

Is there any way to find the info file associated with the video and put them together? I've tried to copy the files from my ipad to my iphone and got the same thing: looks like the file doesn't exist, but it's there, but I can't find/export the data.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Missing videos

Post by Harry »

Hi Deco,

Not sure what you mean by info files, but in case you are on the lap list / data recording, it is either visible in LTor not existent. The named data resides in LT's databases (ending .pdb). They are not accessible from outside the app.

Harry
Image Image Image Image