[MERGE] Problems with missing data recordings

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlay Failed

Post by Harry »

One additional remark:

LapTimer can still be operated in 15.0.4 as follows:

Each time you start LT, press the Check Data button in Lap List. This will make sure new recording land at the end of the GPS recordings database. After having this done, LapTimer will work fine. In case you finish LapTimer / LapTimer is finished, and you start it again, you will not see new recording. Pressing Check Data again will fix this. However, in case you forget to press the Check Data ahead of recording new data, the database requires the resort by 15.0.5. Version 15.0.4's Check Data will not be able to recover and constantly report problems.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
AJIndy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Data transfer problem

Post by AJIndy »

OK, got full data capture this past weekend. However, didn't capture every lap. Maybe I should not have loaded the track in both directions (CW & CCW)? Does that lead to conflicts in the POIs?
CaptEvo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Exporting to csv but file incomplete

Post by CaptEvo »

Harry,

I bought the basic version and went to the track to record 27 laps or so in two distinct sessions. GPS rate is about 1Hz. I then ran some tests.

Test no 1: I exported all the laps in csv format to Dropbox.
Results no 1: The Dropbox contains three files (txt, db and gps). When I inspect the gps file in only contains the header and one lap worth of data (68 entries), yet the db file shows the time for each of the 27 laps I did.

Test no 2: I export lap no. 25 in cvs format to Dropbox
Result no 2: The Dropbox contains two files (txt and gps). When I inspect the gps file, it only contains the header but no lap data.

Test no 3: upgraded HLT with the Pro features and ran tests no 1 and no 2
Result no 3: same as test no 1 and 2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data transfer problem

Post by Harry »

You should not have both track sets loaded at the same time. This will definitively produce problems / result in missing laps etc. You will typically load the track sets alternating - which is pretty simple as LapTimer asks you to purge conflicting track sets anyway. Keep in mind that track sets can be purged at any time as you can download them again. Existing laps will not be deleted when POIs / Track Sets are deleted.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting to csv but file incomplete

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Most probably again the bug in 15.0.4 that make GPS recordings unavailable. Please check the announcements section for more details on this. Please try again once LapTimer 15.0.5 is available. Please do not delete any laps currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dcpdcp
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Will not start after Check Data

Post by dcpdcp »

I had video and data mismatch so I tried a Check Data from the Lap List screen. The app crashes before the Check Data rountine finishes. When I re-start the app, it shows the "Re-sorting GPA Data" message and counts up to "64400 from 67714" and crashes. It always crashes at the same point. The app never starts.

I did the check data after installing 15.0.5. I re-booted the phone. I also moved some videos off the phone so that there was memory available. Neither helped.

Absolutely love the app! Thanks for your help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will not start after Check Data

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Version 15.0.5 applies several strategies to resort and recover corrupted database. The current version fixed all situation sent to me, but it is well possible, there are more around. So you need to send me your database please. Install the free tool iExplorer on your desktop computer, and connect your iPhone. Navigate from Apps to LapTimer to Documents and copy all .pdb files you find here to your desktop. Zip everything and send it to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

[MERGE] Problems with missing data recordings

Post by Harry »

As there are several threads around related to the "missing data recording" topic, I merge all of these here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SteveK
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: [MERGE] Problems with missing data recordings

Post by SteveK »

Hi, Harry,

I've downloaded version 15.0.5 and ran "Check Data." Worked like a charm -- all data have been restored. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [MERGE] Problems with missing data recordings

Post by Harry »

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image