[MERGE] Problems with missing data recordings

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
AJIndy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Data transfer problem

Post by AJIndy »

Just got back from track day, first use of HLT. Everything seemed to be OK at the track. When I got home my lap list did not have any GPS or accelerometer related data except for the segment times. Should I have uploaded lap info to e-mail or Dropbox while still at the track? Is there any way to retrieve the data files?

This looks like it will be a great app once I know how to fully exploit it. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data transfer problem

Post by Harry »

Timing and data recording information should be consistent... You usually do not need to do anything to get the data stored... We may check if data recovery files are available. Please contact me using email (please use the Contact button LapTimer), that's too special. And please rethink if there has been something special, a crash, a message, anything.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SteveK
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Lap detail data disappears

Post by SteveK »

First, as always, thank you Harry for this great tool! I was driving at Mid-Ohio in an HPDE and all of my laps were recorded properly for each session. I could view my lap details and view the track map with associated high and low speeds on straights and turns. However, when I recorded a new session, the previous session's detailed data were erased, leaving the total elapsed lap time but losing the other detail and the track map. I just downloaded another track (GingerMan) where I will be driving on Monday, and the detail for my last session at Mid-Ohio was erased! At this point, fortunately, my other historical laps have remained OK, i.e., map and speed detail.

I am running 15.0.4 on LapTimer and iOS 5.1.1 on an iPod 32GB, 3rd generation. Any help would be appreciated.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap detail data disappears

Post by Harry »

This is probably an issue with the current version 15.0.4. The GPS fixes are not shown any more - although they are still available. Please do not delete laps currently, as this will mix up things even more. As you will go to GingerMan on Monday, it probably makes sense you send your database to me for manual correction. I have submitted version 15.0.5 - which does this automatically - already, but it will take at least one week until it is available through AppStore.

To send your databases do the following:
  1. Install the free iExplorer tool (available for Win and Mac)
  2. Connect your iPhone and navigate in iExplorer from Apps to LapTimer to Documents
  3. Copy all .pdb files in this folder to your desktop, zip them, and send them to me
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Newf
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Lap detail data disappears

Post by Newf »

having the same problem
Donski.D
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Overlay Failed

Post by Donski.D »

I have lap timer 15.0.4 on the iPhone 4s.

I used it successfully when out and about on the main roads.

I then attended a track day (the sole reason i bought the app), everything seemed to be working well, it was tracking the laps and recording the video.

But when i got home i wanted to create the overlay's.

So i selected a lap that i wanted to create a video with overlays. But i get an error message, Overlay failed as either video or data recording were missing or corrupted.

what can i do?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlay Failed

Post by Harry »

This mean either the video or the data is missing. As I assume you see the video in front of you, it is most probably the last issue named in this post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=571#p2658

How to continue? Version 15.0.5 will fix all data for you. Please make sure you do not insert / delete laps currently. Once the bug fix release is available (approximately in 1 week), it will reorder your GPS recordings and make them available for overlaying again. As an alternative, and if you are a technical person, you may install iExplorer (free desktop application), navigate to Apps->LapTimer->Documents and send all the .pdb files you find here zipped. I will run 15.0.5 against that.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Donski.D
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Donski.D »

Harry wrote:This mean either the video or the data is missing. As I assume you see the video in front of you, it is most probably the last issue named in this post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=571#p2658

How to continue? Version 15.0.5 will fix all data for you. Please make sure you do not insert / delete laps currently. Once the bug fix release is available (approximately in 1 week), it will reorder your GPS recordings and make them available for overlaying again. As an alternative, and if you are a technical person, you may install iExplorer (free desktop application), navigate to Apps->LapTimer->Documents and send all the .pdb files you find here zipped. I will run 15.0.5 against that.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Harry
if the fix is 1 week away i will just wait.
vonzoom
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by vonzoom »

As posted earlier on another thread, I too have the same problem - iphone 4S, ver. Pro 15.0.4. I too will await the bug fix, question please - How will we know it is available and how do we get it?
Thank you.
Doc
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Check your AppStore app on the iPhone. As long as it shows a red field with a number in it, there are updates available from AppStore. Once 15.0.5 is available, it will who up here. In addition, I will post a short notice to the "Annoucement" forum here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image