Suggest that the mobile phone's video recording feature allows switching to a wide-angle lens

Request and discussion on new / to change features
redeemer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Suggest that the mobile phone's video recording feature allows switching to a wide-angle lens

Post by redeemer »

Currently, many smartphones are equipped with both a primary camera and a wide-angle camera. It is suggested that there should be an option to switch to the wide-angle camera for better video recording quality.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggest that the mobile phone's video recording feature allows switching to a wide-angle lens

Post by Harry »

Please goto LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Timer and enable the internal cam for recording. Tap the Preview button which will lead you to the cam view. In the top left, you can switch through all cam angles selectable. For my phone (iPhone 15 Pro Max) , this includes the ultra wide angle lense.
Image Image Image Image
redeemer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Suggest that the mobile phone's video recording feature allows switching to a wide-angle lens

Post by redeemer »

Harry wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am Please goto LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Timer and enable the internal cam for recording. Tap the Preview button which will lead you to the cam view. In the top left, you can switch through all cam angles selectable. For my phone (iPhone 15 Pro Max) , this includes the ultra wide angle lense.
There is no button to switch the camera lens in the upper left corner, only a button to switch the resolution.
Screenshot_20240425_190139.jpg
Screenshot_20240425_190139.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 33 times
. I am using an Android phone, the iQOO 12 Pro, but I can see the option to switch to the wide-angle lens in my camera interface.
IMG_20240425_191621.jpg
IMG_20240425_191621.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 33 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., Android. As the cam interface for Android is inconsistent across vendors, LapTimer's Android version allows changing between front and rear cam as well as resolution only.
Image Image Image Image