Internal Video Freezes on out lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
shadowpuck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Internal Video Freezes on out lap

Post by shadowpuck »

This past weekend at the track - Harry's worked fine Saturday, with a few issues - but, for the moment this is a bigger issue.
On Sunday, every time I crossed start/finish on my out lap out of the grid, the video would freeze. laps seemed to be recorded, minus video.
it did this every session i drove on sunday.

This is on an iphone 8+ used only for laptimer....

i do have about 100 videos (all lap videos) on the device. is this still a possible contributing issue?

thank you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Internal Video Freezes on out lap

Post by Harry »

Is it possible you overlaid a video in-between? This may corrupt media library and create problems with any access to the cam, photos or videos afterwards. Once LapTimer gets slow / blocks after an overlay, reboot the phone and it will work again. Known problem occurring for some iPhone...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
shadowpuck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by shadowpuck »

hmm - i did try a phone reboot between sessions on sunday but it didn't change the behavior...

saturday morning - in between session i did export a couple of laps with overlay.
shadowpuck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by shadowpuck »

if there's no fix after a phone reboot - what are the options here? is an 8+ too old at this point, do i need to remove laps/videos from the device? the device is only used for laptimer.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I do not maintain a compatibility list for iPhone (or other smartphones) except setting the minimal OS version. It is well possible the number of videos on the one side, and the age of an iPhone 8 introduce issues. I'd recommend to move older videos and original videos that have been overlaid already to a PC and off the smartphone. You can recognized videos not linked to laps (any more) by the red exclamation mark next to the video in Video List.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
shadowpuck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by shadowpuck »

ok - thank you for the information.