Large File Overlays & Exporting from Photos App

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
RickM1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Large File Overlays & Exporting from Photos App

Post by RickM1 »

Hi. I have run into problems overlaying and exporting files longer than 23 minutes. Also, I have a few session files appearing in the photos app that I would like to export to my laptop. Any suggestions on either of these two topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Rick
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Large File Overlays & Exporting from Photos App

Post by Harry »

There is no app-specific limit of 23 minutes for videos. Might be an issue with memory available? To transfer videos from Photos app, please use the Share button. It offers a number of transfer methods including iCloud Drive.
Image Image Image Image
RickM1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RickM1 »

Hi Harry. Thanks for the reply. When I am in the app on my phone and in the photos app, there are no options to export the file. I have clicked on all the fields, but nothing comes up allowing me to transfer the file. Where should I go to do the file transfer?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In Photos app, select any video. Check the bottom row of icons. The first one (square with an arrow going upwards) is the Share button. It will display all options to transfer the video selected available on your iPhone.
Image Image Image Image
RickM1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RickM1 »

Harry,
Attached is a screenshot sowing what I see when I click on a video in photos. There are no icons available at the bottom (or anywhere). Not sure if the qpp is working correctly or what. Thanks for taking a look! Rick
Harry's LT.jpg
Harry's LT.jpg (408.38 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This video is sitting in the Photos app (see the Source row). You need to share it from there.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image