Connecting to Sony A7iii DSLR

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
andk1987
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Connecting to Sony A7iii DSLR

Post by andk1987 »

Hi,

Been using the app for a while and just realised my camera is listed as supported by the app, i can get my iphone to remotely connect to my camera, control it and download footage/pictures using the sony apps so i know the camera can/is connected to my phone but it doesent show in Harrys lap timer? would love to get this working as the footage quality would be really nice.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Connecting to Sony A7iii DSLR

Post by Harry »

LapTimer has access to all videos in Photos app and in its own sandbox. Please check where the Sony app places videos when downloaded. They need to go to Photos app. Videos stored in the Sony app sandbox are not accessible for other apps.
Image Image Image Image
andk1987
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by andk1987 »

Hi Harry, so is it not possible to control the camera start/stop from the laptimer app so that videos align without messing around?
andk1987
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by andk1987 »

Ahh, ok ive found the support cam list now, it doesent include A7iii in the list, you need to update your links for sony camera support on the website/forum FYI theyre all dead links https://developer.sony.com/cameras/api- ... nu-desktop
andk1987
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by andk1987 »

ive tried a support camera RX100M4 and i still cant get it to work :/
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

andk1987 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:36 pm Ahh, ok ive found the support cam list now, it doesent include A7iii in the list, you need to update your links for sony camera support on the website/forum FYI theyre all dead links https://developer.sony.com/cameras/api- ... nu-desktop
Thanks, I'll update it.
Image Image Image Image