Problems exporting more than 1 lap of data via CSV files on two different phones

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Bazzie
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Problems exporting more than 1 lap of data via CSV files on two different phones

Post by Bazzie »

Hi there, I'm a long time HLT user, have never had any issues exporting data files in the format I require.
I have 2 Android phones, 1 is a Samsung Note 9 still running Android 8.1 and the other is a brand new Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 13.

I completed a track day over the weekend (using the Note 9) and wanted to move everything over to the S23 Ultra as it's about to become my daily phone. I did this by doing a fresh install on the S23 Ultra (GP Edition) and exported the ~1,000 laps over from the Note 9 via the export of a .hlptrl file, as per instructions I found in another post.

The import into the S23 Ultra appeared to work fine & all the laps showed up so no problem at all doing that.

The problem is if I try to export more than 1 lap in CSV format, the App crashes. I've tried exporting via email & sharing to dropbox, both crash the app - this is on both the Note 9 & S23 Ultra.

I suspect there was a (hidden) problem with the original database on the Note 9 that has now been exported to the new phone.

If I import the .hlptrl file onto the new phone (clean install) and try to do a Database Admin (Check Database), it will complete the re-sorting stage ok, then the screen goes blank and the App crashes not long after. HLT then becomes unusable and I have to wipe HLT & start again with a fresh import of data. As noted, if I don't do the Check Database after the import, as best I can tell, everything is fine except that you can't export more than a single lap via CSV at a time.

After much "mucking around", unfortunately, whatever I've done has completely ruined the HLT install on the old Note 9. When I start HLT, it does a Database check automatically, then crashes the App "LapTimer has stopped" message.

I'm reluctant to wipe HLT cache/data on the Note 9, just in case the situation can be retrieved and I would really like to be able to get an export out via CSV because I create custom columns and there's more data in the CSV format than others to use with RaceRender3 for telemetry/data overlays.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 😃
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems exporting more than 1 lap of data via CSV files on two different phones

Post by Harry »

The FAQ on how to bring back LapTimer when unable to start is available here: viewtopic.php?t=6176 Depending on the OS version it can be tricky to open the link listed in LapTimer and not the browser.

Everything else is around some data corruption you had in your original database already. This will have resulted in both the CSV export crash and issues with resorting the database after importing the .hlptrl.

Once you have LapTimer running again, please wipe all laps in your database so Lap List is empty. Import .hlptrl again afterwards. When importing a hlptrl twice it will result in duplicated laps. This in turn may result in database repair actions and crashes.

In case everything fails, please send the .hlptrl you exported to me (harry@gps-laptimer.de). I will check.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image