SD Card Storage Still an Issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

SD Card Storage Still an Issue

Post by svtdoug »

Hi Harry,

I am still struggling with the inability to access videos saved to my external SD card in Android\Data\com.harrys.laptimerpro\files\movies because several years ago Android has decided that is protected storage and user's can't access with a USB connection from a PC. This makes it very cumbersome to have to process video, requiring users to turn the phone off, remove the SD card, plug the SD card into a reader, then access the files from my PC, then insert the SD card back in the phone, reboot, etc. Stupid.

We aren't going to change Android's practice, so please, can you change the location where videos are saved to \Movies. This is unprotected storage and can be accessed from a PC without all the gymnastics above.

Galaxy A50, GoPro Hero 7 Black.

Thanks much!

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SD Card Storage Still an Issue

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the feedback. Actually Android removed access to non-app specific / public SD card folders some version ago... I will check if /Movies is open (again) and consider this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: SD Card Storage Still an Issue

Post by svtdoug »

Thanks for considering this!

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip