Atoto head unit video capture

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
Sikride
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Atoto head unit video capture

Post by Sikride »

Hi there,

Looking to use HLT, but before I do, I want to ensure it captures video from thr front camera or video input from my android head unit. Running the Atoto S8 premium, and want to capture video input either through the front video in, video in or USB dash cam. Any one do this successfully?
jt2002
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Atoto head unit video capture

Post by jt2002 »

Would love to know if anybody has attempted this kind of setup.

I’m looking to install an android os head unit with front and rear cameras, TPMS to allow for easy ‘all in one’ daily driving. Traditionally I use HLT on my iPhone 12 with a garmin glo gps.

If it’s possible to invest in a dashcam system that doubles as track day recording, I will immediately run to a store!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sikride wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:16 am Hi there,

Looking to use HLT, but before I do, I want to ensure it captures video from thr front camera or video input from my android head unit. Running the Atoto S8 premium, and want to capture video input either through the front video in, video in or USB dash cam. Any one do this successfully?
Front cam - yes. LapTimer doesn't implement any model specific code to support special features. In case other cams are mapped to Android's standard cams list other constructions may work. But you need to test it.
Image Image Image Image
jrubins
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jrubins »

Hi there, I'm trying to get my Atoto A6 performance to run Harry's. Went ahead and took a punt that it would work - bought rookie, no video, doh! So went ahead and got the grand prix version. Still can't get video from the atoto USB camera. The camera works with Atoto's "HD DVR" application, and it looks like HLT can see it, but doesn't seem to get video.
Any help appreciated, thanks!
nosdakota
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nosdakota »

Was anybody able to get this to work with one of the Atoto head units? Ive been using one of their Linux units for a while in my other car. Using GoPro's, GPS and IR tire cameras all paired and connected, then having to do a post race sync is getting kinda tired. Would love a hard wired solution that doesn't need to be synced for at least the forward looking portion.
POgliani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by POgliani »

I am trying the same. HLT does lint the camera as a sensor but the input is a black screen. The standard DVR app does recognise the camera and show the video.
I have an Atoto A6HP