Video upside down and a rotate doesn't fix overlays

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bschweig
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video upside down and a rotate doesn't fix overlays

Post by bschweig »

Hello. I have GP v24.6.3 on an iPhone 12max pro iOS 16. Phone was mounted landscape before app opened. Then setup with a track, etc. Had good GPS signal. Video preview sometimes showed an inverted image and sometimes not but otherwise indicated all was well. App ran fine during session.

Afterwards all raw video previews were inverted in Harrys lap view.

Exported laps with overlays were also inverted.

Rotated the exported with overlays in the iOS Photo App - but this does not rotate the overlays themselves and these are very much 'in the way' of the most useful parts of the video frame and sorta voids the fun factor of doing all this.

How or can this be fixed? I do not see the raw video in my PHOTO APP list in Analysis-Video List (and this has thousands and thousands of other videos with no sort/search and is more or less impossible to use) so I do not think I can rotate a raw video and then relink and then re-overlay/export. Or I do not know how to do all that...

Perhaps all this a bug?

thx for any help!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video upside down and a rotate doesn't fix overlays

Post by Harry »

This problem can occur when the smartphone is rotated after you have started driving. LapTimer / the cam memorizes the original orientation and adds it to the videos meta-data.

To fix it after the fact, transfer the original video from LapTimer's sandbox to Photos app first. To do this, select the video in LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Videos and press the "video to Photos app icon".

Once in Photos app, use external tools / the Photos app itself to fix orientation.

Once this is done, check the link between laps and video in LapTimer and re-link if necessary.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bschweig
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by bschweig »

Thank you. Note I was very careful to not start Lap timer until after the phone was mounted and I did not move it so not sure what happened there...

Thank you for the details on how to fix this - I was able to make it so
borisbo12
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by borisbo12 »

I'm having some trouble with this, I've got a source video that has been recorded upside down. I need this video to be rotated and have a couple of transparent PNG files overlayed on top of it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

borisbo12 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:55 pm I'm having some trouble with this, I've got a source video that has been recorded upside down. I need this video to be rotated and have a couple of transparent PNG files overlayed on top of it.
Are you talking about LapTimer?
Image Image Image Image