GoPro issue since version 24.6.1 or 24.6.3?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Squirry
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

GoPro issue since version 24.6.1 or 24.6.3?

Post by Squirry »

I last used HLT Grand Prix on 17th July 2022, when I was using version 24.6

I applied the two most recent updates (to 24.6.1 and then 24.6.3) as they appeared and just now was checking everything in preparation for a track event tomorrow.

In the past I have had no trouble having HLT connect to a GoPro Hero 8, either as the only camera, or as part of a multicam setup with the iPhone's internal camera.

In my testing today, HLT consistently comes up with an error message that no external camera is connected, even though the phone is connected to the GoPro's WiFi and the Quik app connects to it and shows a live preview, etc.

I realise this is very last minute, so if I can't resolve it by tomorrow afternoon I'll start the GoPro recordings manually, but wanted to raise this in case someone else has had a similar experience and might know of a solution.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro issue since version 24.6.1 or 24.6.3?

Post by Harry »

Hello,

I assume the is related to another change of phone configuration. The latest updates did not have any changes in the cam area.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Squirry
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: GoPro issue since version 24.6.1 or 24.6.3?

Post by Squirry »

Harry wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 am Hello,

I assume the is related to another change of phone configuration. The latest updates did not have any changes in the cam area.

Harry
Thanks for confirming that.