Transfering Device Issues

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
kryzak
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Transfering Device Issues

Post by kryzak »

Hi,

I followed the "how to transfer from one Android device to another" instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341

I exported a 595MB HLPTRL file called "LapTimer-All-<date>.hlptrl, downloaded the file to my new device, and opened it with Harry's Lap Timer.

At first it imported everything right and I saw all my lap lists. Then, one day later, I opened Harry's Lap Timer and it gave an unspecified error (I forgot what it was and I can't find the error anymore) and all my laplists disappeared!

I tried loading the file again and Harry's Lap Timer just opens without any prompt for importing the lap lists. I uninstalled and reinstalled from Google Play Store and tapping on the hlptrl file just opens the app with no import.

I'm not sure what happened and why it was fine one day and the next day all the lap information just went away and I can no longer import.

I'm currently using a Motorola Moto One 5G Ace with Android 10, and the Lap Timer is Rookie Edition v24.5.2.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transfering Device Issues

Post by Harry »

Please check permissions for the newly installed LapTimer app. It is in the Settings app. Make sure all permissions requested are granted. Afterwards, try again. Btw. Android apps implement file sharing pretty inconsistent. I usually test file imports from Gmail. So you may want to test with other apps offering the data file too.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
kryzak
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by kryzak »

Thanks for the quick reply Harry. I just gave all permissions to the app, but the file still doesn't trigger anything in the app other than open the LapTimer.

I just tried to export all laps again from my old phone using "Mail", but I can't choose Gmail since the file is much bigger than 25 MB (it's 500+ MB).

I tried saving it to Google Drive instead of OneDrive to see if I have better luck loading that file from Google Drive. It's a 44.5MB file that's zipped. Opening it with a file browser on my Android seems to have triggered the "Import" message.

Seems to have worked, yay!

One quick question, when going to "Lap List" view, is there any way to set the default view to something other than "Lap"? Like "Trackday" or "Year"?

Thanks again!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The grouping type is reset to "Lap" whenever the view is opened from tile level. Currently, it is not stored permanently.
Image Image Image Image
kryzak
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by kryzak »

Ahh ok. Thanks!