Recommended external GPS for us on a Motorbike

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recommended external GPS for us on a Motorbike

Post by Harry »

rbono459890 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:52 pm Old thread but worth commenting for future reference - the XGPS160 seems to be a popular choice among bikers, velcro on your tail is all you need (very light) and the logging ability lets you use it w/out a phone realtime if needed.
To my knowledge it logs using the KML format - which isn't supported for imports to LapTimer currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Ricebowls
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ricebowls »

I read in another forum that downloading lap data from the XGPS after the fact was not yet supported. Is this still the case or has this been fixed? I'd like to run the XGPS on my race bike and analyze the data afterwards.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not supported yet. If I remember right, it doesn't log at 10Hz anyway? In case you have a real world log, please send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de - this would safe time. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

XGPS160 can do a 10Hz log itself, but it´s too much load of data for HW so it will stuck if you want to download it into phone via their app (tried with Android phone)
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black