Missing lap in session

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Squirry
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Missing lap in session

Post by Squirry »

I have HLT Grand Prix v23.0.11 on iOS and I've just returned from my first attempt at using it properly at a track day.

I had 5 sessions, each of which were recognised as such, and within each session there are 5 or 6 laps.

I'm trying to link a single video file to the 6 recorded laps (laps 20-25) on the 4th session, however it is behaving strangely (see note below on the source of that single video file).

For some reason, HLT triggered that I was on the track when I was moving into pit lane (this did not happen for any of the other sessions), and so the video includes me waiting to join the track, the out lap and then the fast laps.

I've adjusted the synchronisation so that the first fast lap, #20 (which was actually the out lap) corresponds with the appropriate frame on the video, and most of the other laps only required minor adjustment.

However the second last lap shows data, but did not automatically get the video connected to it and when I try to manually link to the same video I used for this session (thinking that I could then adjust the end frame for that lap manually) I receive the following error:

"The operation could not be completed An unknown error occurred (-12209).

When looking at the video detail for the video that I linked to this session, it can be seen that the timing looks OK for the 5 laps (after my minor tweaks), and there is clearly enough time in between laps 23 and 25 for the missing lap 24, so I'm not sure what is going on here:

Lap #20 Ends at 02:25,09, Master
Lap #21 Ends at 04:12.00, Master
Lap #22 Ends at 06:18.79, Master
Lap #23 Ends at 08:17.73, Master
Lap #25 Ends at 12:07.40, Master

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that I recorded the video on a GoPro, and it broke the session up into two videos, the first is 11:47 and the second is 2:02.

I stitched them into one video using iMovie on my phone, resulting in a single video file, so possibly there is something going on in the join that corresponds with the end of the missing Lap #24?

Any suggestions would be greatly received.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing lap in session

Post by Harry »

Hello,

You need to the join the two GoPro chunks to one video - that's ok.
The lap association has probably been lost when playing with the sync. I have no other idea here. You can assign the video to lap #24 from scratch following this instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI&t=10s or by changing the sync for one of the other laps and agreeing to adjust the full session when asked. This will apply the same sync to all laps - which should be good mostly.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Squirry
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squirry »

I realise I never replied to this message.
Thanks, that made sense and worked nicely.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great, thanks for the confirmation.
Image Image Image Image