Specific Multicam Connection Issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Luke AUS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Specific Multicam Connection Issue

Post by Luke AUS »

Hi All,

I have one gopro (gopro7), one apple device (iphone 6) and one android device (pixel4 XL), i have very carefully read the tech guide, reset both devices and connections multiple times and am very frustrated!

Issue;
  • Can setup and connect both ios and android devices to the gopro through the Gopro app, record footage etc
  • Can connect laptimer to the gopro on the ios device and have it function fully as detailed in the tech guide flawlessly
  • Cannot connect laptimer to the gopro on the android device, it does not exist according to laptimer despite the gopro app being killed etc as suggested in other threads
help!...the issue is driving me crazy. :evil:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Specific Multicam Connection Issue

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Late Android versions tend to disconnect from WiFis not allowing access to the Internet (like the GoPro). Some bring up a panel asking whether you want to stay connected or not. So monitor the WiFi status carefully. Although I do not think you did that - it is not possible to connect to the GoPro from iOS and Android at the same time. Next, you need to have installed GrandPrix. Then, check permissions for LapTimer in Settings app ‣ Apps&notifications.

Provided the WiFi connection is available, there should be no difference between iOS and Android...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Luke AUS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Luke AUS »

Thanks Harry,

Late Android versions tend to disconnect from WiFis not allowing access to the Internet (like the GoPro). Some bring up a panel asking whether you want to stay connected or not. So monitor the WiFi status carefully.

Done, connection to camera maintained.

Although I do not think you did that - it is not possible to connect to the GoPro from iOS and Android at the same time.

Not attempting to do that

Next, you need to have installed GrandPrix.

Confirmed, have bought GrandPrix edition twice, once for ios, once for android

Then, check permissions for LapTimer in Settings app ‣ Apps&notifications

What permission(s) should i be checking?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Make sure all permissions are granted. Items depend on Android version and brand. Just make sure LapTimer access to the IP net is not blocked by any permission of firewall.

I forgot to mention: make sure GoPro's app is either not installed or killed. It must not be active in background because it will keep a connection to the GoPro thus blocking LapTimer from making a connection. The other way around is no problem because LapTimer disconnects from all external devices when sent to background.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Luke AUS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Luke AUS »

Make sure all permissions are granted. Items depend on Android version and brand. Just make sure LapTimer access to the IP net is not blocked by any permission of firewall.

Done!

I forgot to mention: make sure GoPro's app is either not installed or killed. It must not be active in background because it will keep a connection to the GoPro thus blocking LapTimer from making a connection. The other way around is no problem because LapTimer disconnects from all external devices when sent to background.

Done! tried both killing it, and fully uninstalling it

Same issue persists.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you want, you can join the Android Beta announced here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5737
The beta has logging enabled and allows you to trace the dialog (or non dialog) between app and GoPro. See instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1933 on how to create a log file. The trace classes to select are: MultiCam and MultiCam Connection. Start logging, goto Timer / Video, enable external Cam and wait a bit. Return to Settings and send the log file to me.

It is well possible I see LapTimer issues a request and the GoPro doesn't answer (which means the app can't do anything else), but it may be worth a try.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image