Ignoring triggers at low speed

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Ducman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Ignoring triggers at low speed

Post by Ducman »

Had troubles at Grattan this weekend - HTL would always trigger while going through pit to track out even though this was at very low speed. I have the “allow low speed triggers” in the unselected position. All other detection as default.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Video set to external cam only if that makes any difference.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ignoring triggers at low speed

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The low speed detection has a threshold of a few km/h / mph. When driving with 10mph/15km/h through the pits, this will be considered a relevant (not low) speed already. So keep the Setting "unchecked", this is not the cause for the problem. The reason laps are triggered in the pits is that you will pass the s/f line at a certain distance smaller than the width of the Wide Detection Corridor. You can reduce this width (40 meters default), but this comes at the cost of missed lap boundaries in case you have a bad GPS reception. I'd recommend to quickly swipe-delete these "laps" from Lap List when you see them. This is probably better than splitting multi-laps after the fact.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Ducman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ducman »

Thanks Harry - You’re saying let the false lap run while I’m staged and just delete it later, correct? Maybe that’s better...I’ve been hitting stop and reset before I go out but it seems like sometimes I have issues with HLT/camera as if it times out due to being idle in pits. Is there a different “sleep” or “idle time and off” based on starting HLT and alternately if it is started, stopped, and reset? I suppose it doesn’t matter if I just let it run.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, let ignore and delete it later. Reset will stop the current lap and purge everything recorded in this canceled lap. Stop will stop the recording too, but keep the fragment recorded already.

There is no idle time function, just when standing still and Allow Low Speeds disabled, LapTimer will never start.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image