kiwi 3 stopped working

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jdexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

kiwi 3 stopped working

Post by jdexter »

I have a kiwi 3 on my 996turbo. It has always functioned perfectly. This spring, when I hooked everything up, Harry's recognizes the kiwi, and it even appears on the engine screen, but it is not sending any data. I have not changed anything, but perhaps harry's updated over the winter. What should I look into first to get it functional again.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: kiwi 3 stopped working

Post by Harry »

I'm 99% sure this is something that changed in your environment. The last update is a long time ago, and we had no changes in Kiwi integration for a long long time. Start with checking if new BT devices are active in your car. Make sure you have no other OBD app running on your smartphone. Even while in background, most OBD apps keep the Kiwi locked so LapTimer can't access it. Reboot in case you are not sure how to kill these apps. In case you are not sure whether you have changed some LapTimer Expert Setting, install the free Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy app and check the defaults here.

Finally follow instructions in OBD Trouble Shooting in the FAQ section here on the forum.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jdexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: kiwi 3 stopped working

Post by jdexter »

This car is essentially a dedicated track car, so I know nothing else has been changed in it. I reset all the settings at the bottom of expert and nothing. Then I changed the adaptive timing to enabled and ecu addresses to ecm. Then it would connect intermittently, voltage shows up, and coolant temp, but then coolant temp would disappear. There is another bluetooth device in the car, but it has always been there. I have rebooted the ipad it runs on, and closed every app. Other apps I use to clear codes hookup just fine, so its a communication thing with harrys. I'll try some of the other suggestions in the FAQ.