Lateral and Linear G are the wrong way around

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
dougidleracing
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Lateral and Linear G are the wrong way around

Post by dougidleracing »

Hey Harry,
I'm not sure if Trouble Shooting is the best place for this question but here goes.....

Is it possible to load data exported from a CSV file back into LapTimer?

I have some sessions where the lateral and lineal G is being recorded the wrong way. This is most likely because I have my phone strapped to my leg in a Kart so I can't recalibrate it every time I get in and out. I can see in the CSV exports the two fields and I guess I can just swap the values over in excel and then reimport..... is this possible?

Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Doug
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lateral and Linear G are the wrong way around

Post by Harry »

There is a number of options:

#1 goto Lap List, select a lap, follow Data Recording ‣ Preview ‣ Charts and goto the G-G chart. Select the flip buttons to flip lat or lon as required; this has the disadvantage you need to do it lap by lap
#2 export to .hlptrl, (uncompress .hlptrz to .hlptrl if required), edit and import back; this has the disadvantage you will double your laps during import
#3 for the next track day, use the flip Acceleration Export Setting in case you do not use the standard smartphone orientation

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dougidleracing
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Lateral and Linear G are the wrong way around

Post by dougidleracing »

Thanks Harry - I've been able to uncompress the .hlptrz file and can edit and reimport them that way.

I hadn't realised the hlptrz files were compressed - I had a look yesterday and thought you had a fancy binary format :-)

Thanks again,
Keep up with the great app!
Doug