HLT Speed Frozen At 0, No Throttle Position

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
geeteezee
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

HLT Speed Frozen At 0, No Throttle Position

Post by geeteezee »

Just installed HLT today, so there's a high probability that I'm doing or not doing something stupid.
Car is a 2019 370z using a generic OBDII plug that works with Torque Pro. (I can get the model in the morning).
Phone is a Nexus 6p.
I went for a quick drive just to test out the video capabilities and the speedometer stays at 0. I'm not sure if maybe I need an external GPS solution perhaps? Also, there's no throttle position showing.
Apologies for the super noobish questions. I'm sure I'm leaving out relevant information. Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm preparing for my first track day next Friday.

Cheers!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HLT Speed Frozen At 0, No Throttle Position

Post by Harry »

Hello,

This can be an OBD adapter being connected, but not delivering data: while an OBD adapter is connected, speed shown is wheel / OBD speed, not speed collected from GPS. To verify, please unplug the OBD adapter and check if you get speed display.

Next thing is to get the OBD working: we have a FAQ on Troubleshooting OBD Connections here in the FAQ forum.
This will be either a conflict with another app accessing the adapter from background (which will never work) or some problem in adapter / car communication.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image