insert start/finish into data?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bellcoupe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

insert start/finish into data?

Post by bellcoupe »

Is it possible to insert a start/finish marker into the data from a session to break apart a pair of laps where the system didn't pick up the start line? My best 2 laps at Putnam Park had this issue. I can see from the total elapsed time for the 2 laps that they were ones I'd like to use the Export function on, to have the data analysis and video saved - but ideally as single laps, not a pair together in one video file.

This is on Android Petrolhead v23.0.5.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: insert start/finish into data?

Post by Harry »

Please see the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2&p=2#p2 for instructions on how to split recordings after the fact.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bellcoupe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by bellcoupe »

Thanks for the fast response, Harry!
I was able to split the laps. However, the lap times are not correct. For a pair of laps totaling approximately 2:41, it split them into 1:25:30 and 1:15:30. Looking at the elapsed times on the video at start/finish for those laps, each should be near 1:20:30.

Had to use a very wide detection setting (120m), so perhaps the data just isn't accurate enough on this pair of laps to get the split properly placed?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This sounds like bad data (at least) around the start / finish. I can’t say a lot more without looking into the actual data. But I’m pretty sure the calculation is sound with respect to the data collected (which isn’t reality as we all know).

Please check your smartphone’s mounting position. It is shown in illustration #3 of LapTimer’s Quick Reference.

Harry
Image Image Image Image