Grand Prix edition takes long time to start

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Juanjo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Grand Prix edition takes long time to start

Post by Juanjo »

Hello everyone;

I have a Samsung S6 phone with 8.0.0 Android version and HLT Grand Prix Edition v23.0.5.

During years everything goes perfect, but lastly HLT takes a lot of time to start and it is really slow when I work in Analysis section and I try to change between "laps", "sesions", "trackday" or "year".

Maybe there is something wrong with my database... but I don't get any error message.

Some idea about how to correct that?

Thanks and Best Regards;
Juanjo - box14.org
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grand Prix edition takes long time to start

Post by Harry »

Hello,

What size is your lap database. I'm aware the session grouping can get slow when you have a huge number of laps. When talking about a slow startup - do you get some repair or sorting progress dialog? If not, this is probably some resource shortage. Try rebooting the smartphone, this may help. No other idea from my side, it is not a known issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Juanjo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Juanjo »

Hello Harry;

I tried to solve restarting my phone before write to the forum. No improvements with that.
My database has 752 laps, and a size of 134 Mb. Not too big, I guess.
When I talk abot slow startup I just get a grey screeen whitout any error message, progress dialog or similar.

I will try to make a real-time video.

Thanks for your support,
Best Regards;
Juanjo - box14.org
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gremlin »

I have the same issue but on iOS, it seems to be better if the phone can see a network, but usually where we drive it can't My database I'm not sure if it's considered large yet but it's 1175 laps at 331MB at the moment I have three backups in there in case something else happens

-G