Engine data and charts are missing in ver. 23

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ddozier
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Engine data and charts are missing in ver. 23

Post by ddozier »

I never use the video preview and was not using it on this day. I really do not know what happened but I will try and repeat problem on a short trip around the neighborhood.

Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you didn't use Video Preview, the only other issue I can think of is some issue with database corruption. To check, please run Check Data from Administration ‣ Databases. In case inconsistencies are found, LapTimer may purge recording details for individual laps. The most frequent reason for inconsistencies are memory shortages, but there may be an number of other reasons things like this happen.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

I have encountered a new issue that I can't seem to find a solution for - I have all OBD info recorded as part of the lap data (I can see charts that show speed, engine RPM, throttle position, engine temp, etc.) but when I export all this in an overlaid video - only iPhone acceleration sensor data is shown. I tried tweaking different settings, I reset all of them to default, I even wiped the whole app from my iPhone and reinstalled it from scratch and imported the database backup - no changes in output behavior. All the data is still there in the app, I can see lap data and all charts - nothing shows up on video except acceleration data (here is YouTube link for demo). I tried both standard and extended export modes, no difference. Any pointers on what to check and how to fix this?
Also, as you can see from the external camera video recording - the LapTimer data that is shown on my iPhone screen is shown with significant delay, about 3-4 sec. I had to adjust the video timing for the overlay timing to match what is visible on screen - as a result the start/finish trigger point had to be moved from its original position to a "400" breakpoint marker in turn 1. Sometimes, the iPhone screen freezes and the time count stops for quite some times (~10-11 sec or more) before it resumes normal operation. This is iPhone 8, I use it as my dedicated device for lap timer only (with GoPro connected via Wi-Fi and OBD BT1 via Bluetooth) - it runs offline only with no connection to the outside world, and not background applications running to ensure maximum efficiency of CPU. I can't explain such a noticeable lag in data recording.
(For full disclosure: I am using the app since 2015 and never encountered this issue before. The last time I was able to record and export all data was a recent July 11-12 event, and at that time [and all prior times] I was using both iPhone camera and external GoPro at the same time (picture-in-picture) - everything seemed to work fine (with delays). This was my first event when I used only external camera for video recording - I cannot possibly imagine how this could be related or make a difference, but this is the only change I made in my setup. I am running the latest version 23.0.11)
https://youtu.be/Sq4ILUb1WrY
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The sample video includes both GPS and acceleration (IMU) data, just no OBD. Please select the first lap shown in the video from Lap List and post screen shots of the lap details view? Sections Event and Data Recording in particular. There is a setting to set OBD overlay to None, Standard or Extended in Video Overlay Configuration too, please make sure this one isn't set to None accidentally. You can find this setting when bringing up the Video Export and swipe to the second page of Overlay Configuration - it is in the bottom of the page.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

Hi Harry,
Thank you very much for your quick response. I did try both Standard and Extended video overlay modes (the video uploaded to YouTube has been created in Extended mode) - none of that made any difference in the results. I uploaded to Flickr all screen snapshots from the single lap (the first lap on video), you can see them at https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPUJTkv
Thank you very much for your help. If needed for further troubleshooting, I can email you my latest database backup as well.
Thanks,
Vlad
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Can you please add the images here? I do not have a Flickr account and actually do not want to create one. ;-)

Harry
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

Hi Harry,
The Flickr link I provided is to a public album that doesn't require to have an account to see the images. I tried adding images here but it seems like I can only do it via image URL, can't seem to find a way to upload them directly. The URL would point to the same Flickr album though. Try clicking the link in my previous post, it should work for anyone with no account needed. (Or, please give me a hint how to upload the images directly.)
Thanks,
Vlad
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I did that and it asked me to log in / create an account.
Use the attachments tab in the full editor, this allows you to upload pictures to this forum.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

Hi Harry,
Thanks again for your help, here are the snapshots of my lap data.
Attachments
IMG_0030.PNG
IMG_0030.PNG (196.78 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
IMG_0029.PNG
IMG_0029.PNG (180.45 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
IMG_0028.PNG
IMG_0028.PNG (659.28 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »