Race>Classic + video in landscape on iOS

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
shepner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Race>Classic + video in landscape on iOS

Post by shepner »

When using Classic mode for recording, if the iPhone is in portrait orientation, the resulting video is sideways when later viewed. If using Classic mode for recording when the iPhone is in landscape orientation, the accelerometer is wrong but the resulting video is now otherwise correct. In further checking, Speedo mode seems to so this as well.

I ran into this because of what I would view as a UX issue: I mainly race low-speed autocross (ie SCCA Solo) which can involve rather tight courses. This, in turn, makes setting the GPS triggers in LapTimer rather tricky. Half the time they dont work right. After a couple years of stress and frustration I dont need from this, I started using Classic mode manually. That met my needs and removed a huge burden but raised the portrait vs landscape problem I described.

Any chance Classic could be updated to work in either orientation?

stephen
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Race>Classic + video in landscape on iOS

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Both Classic and Racer’s views are not maintained any more. I keep them in the iOS version, on Android they have never been available. These views and Speedo view are portrait only. They can’t be used when recording video in parallel. Please go for the Timer View when recording videos.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
shepner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by shepner »

In that case, would it be possible to add a manual start button to Timer View? :)

stephen
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please enable Manual Timing in Settings. The start / stop buttons will get available in Timer afterwards.

Harry
Image Image Image Image