getting data (PIDs) and exporting data

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

getting data (PIDs) and exporting data

Post by Jordan »

Hi Harry,

I recently bought a copy of RaceRender and I've been experimenting with using it to render my multi-cam HD videos and data. When I use HLT to render videos, I have most of the data I want, including turbo boost pressure (which I love the inset overlay gauge for inside the RPM gauge!). However:

1. I don't seem to be getting brake pedal data even when I render in HLT. I definitely don't have it when I export to CSV and import into RaceRender; you can see the brake pedal gauge is always blank in the video. Is this a common problem for Porsches- not getting the brake pedal data? Or is my configuration off?

2. When I export the HLT data as CSV for use in RaceRender, some of the data that is in HLT isn't including in the export. For example, turbo boost pressure. Am I not seeing it somewhere, or is it not being exported? Can that be added to the export?

Also, is it possible to know whether I'm getting vehicle speed data from OBDII or GPS?

Thanks,
Jordan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: getting data (PIDs) and exporting data

Post by Harry »

LapTimer exports measured data only. Any calculated / derived data is not included. This includes brake pressure (which is derived from longitudinal acceleration and other parameters) except if a custom PID is configured. Turbo is MAP. In case it is not available, it will be derived again, this time from MAF and others.

For Porsches, we are out of luck with custom PIDs so far.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Jordan »

Harry wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 am LapTimer exports measured data only. Any calculated / derived data is not included.
Thank you for explaining. Could you ad an option to include calculated data in the export?

And, how can we tell the data source for HLT vehicle speed (car vs gps)?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Calculated data will not be exported except in LapTimer's own video overlays. If other application want this data, they need to derive it themselves. That's LapTimer policy to protect our intellectual property.

Speed is exported to CSV in four columns: SPEED_KPH,SPEED_MPH,WHEEL_SPEED_KPH,WHEEL_SPEED_MPH. You need to select the one required and available. WHEEL_SPEED channels may be empty (zero).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image