Trouble acquiring GPS at Road America

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
paulthai
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Trouble acquiring GPS at Road America

Post by paulthai »

Hi Harry, I (and my friends) at Road America, Wisconsin are having trouble with Harry's Laptimer this weekend. It seems to not get GPS so it wouldn't start timing or recording. I'm using the latest Laptimer software 23.0.1. I'm using both an iphone 6 and X. I've always used the Emprum UltiMate GPS adapter with the latest iOS. I did get it to record one session the whole day but it was still off. The date on the video is 10/25/2099. Here's an Overlay video:
https://youtu.be/tgSueVCFxQs

Any ideas on how to get the GPS to hook up? I've tried using the Emprum external GPS and also just the iphone internal GPS.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble acquiring GPS at Road America

Post by Harry »

At least the lap shown is looking very good... Have you used the Video Preview view while driving, or the Timer view?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
paulthai
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by paulthai »

I've always used the Video Preview and leave it here. The last time when it worked I put it in Timer view.
paulthai
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by paulthai »

Looks like it worked today! Not sure what happened. Maybe something with the area yesterday with the GPS...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Using the Video Preview is discouraged currently. I have changed the splash screen showing up when the preview is opened lately to make sure less users are trapped. While in Video Preview phones like the iPhone6 or older (and probably later) show drop outs when processing sensor data-

- Harry
Image Image Image Image