Ability to automatically export data using an internal trigger

Request and discussion on new / to change features
deividfoggi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Ability to automatically export data using an internal trigger

Post by deividfoggi »

The ability to export data automatically, for instance, when a session finishes, will give amazing possibilities for those who like to analyze the data in a different data analysis tool. I like to use PowerBi to do so (desktop version is free) but I need to do all the process manually to have CSV data ready for power bi. It is not so handy when you are on the track.

Nowadays I have managed to do so by sending an email to me after each session and then a 3rd party tool automatically reads email from my inbox and manages the attachments to make them available for power bi.

Having some way to automatically export csv after each session either to Dropbox or OneDrive will make all this process easier, because after each session I would just need to grab my phone/tablet and look the graphs and insights.

I am available to further discuss this and maybe help on this new feature.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ability to automatically export data using an internal trigger

Post by Harry »

I have a feature planned for our developer program: it will allow adding an export script both to stream data instantly, or to add your own export format (on top of CSV, NMEA, KML, HLPTRL, GPX, VBO etc). Not scheduled yet, but it would probably be a good solution for your requirement.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
deividfoggi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Ability to automatically export data using an internal trigger

Post by deividfoggi »

Harry wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:01 pm I have a feature planned for our developer program: it will allow adding an export script both to stream data instantly, or to add your own export format (on top of CSV, NMEA, KML, HLPTRL, GPX, VBO etc). Not scheduled yet, but it would probably be a good solution for your requirement.

- Harry
Really good to know. It will probably support a huge number of scenarios including mine for sure. Looking forward.

Thanks.