Update Grand Prix Version

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
der_5VT
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Update Grand Prix Version

Post by der_5VT »

HI...

I made an upgrade from Petrolhed to Grand Prix Edition ...

Now i want to use my new mobile... how i will get the update there ?

2nd: OBD functions don´t work in my upgrade --> still wiritten there : not avaiable in this edition

If i check the info - i have the Grand Prix Edition !
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Update Grand Prix Version

Post by PitrsRS »

Just install Petrolhead version and then in Add-ons find Grand Prix update and "but it". App will remember your previous purchase, so it will just switch version to Grand Prix.

i did it several times, its not a problem
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
der_5VT
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by der_5VT »

Děkuji :-)

In the App Store i can see that i have the upgrade...
BUT i can´t download lap timer to the new phone...

So its a playstore Problem and not HLT...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

der_5VT wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:08 pm Děkuji :-)

In the App Store i can see that i have the upgrade...
BUT i can´t download lap timer to the new phone...

So its a playstore Problem and not HLT...
Iz is neither a store nor a HLT problem. :-D

Please make sure we are talking about the correct ecosystem first. Licenses (both app and add-ons) for iOS and Android are strictly separate. So if one has an iOS Petrolhead (AppStore) and iOS GrandPrix Upgrade, neither will be available from PlayStore (Android). And vice versa. I say this because you are referencing both AppStore (iOS) and PlayStore (Android) above.

The full procedure for app re-installations is described in this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341

Provided you have a Petrolhead plus a GrandPrix Upgrade license, you need to install Petrolhead from the store app first. Goto Administration / Add-ons / GrandPrix Upgrade and select "Buy" afterwards. You need to be brave here, but you will not be charged a second time for the same item. For iOS, there is a convenience function named Restore in Administration / Add-ons working you around this scary Buy button. :-)

NB: I have discussions on whether there is a problem with this in the app or with one of the stores regularly. There is none. Over the last 10 years, every issue raised has been due to some ID change, platform mix up, or other misunderstanding in the procedure. I have added two links to the above FAQ which allow one to check which licenses are actually in the store systems before doing the upgrade again.

I hope this helps. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
der_5VT
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by der_5VT »

OK - now is everything working !

After 2 hours waiting - it was possible to download the App from GooglePlay.

So everything is good - only GPS from S8 is shit (12m)...

hwjunkie
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by hwjunkie »

I am about to use the lap timer for the first time this weekend. I bought the Petrolhead version and I want to upgrade to the Grand Prix version so I can use OBD but I don't see how to to upgrade. I looked in the app and don't see anything, and I can't see any other way to do it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

All LapTimer editions support OBD, they just vary be the feature set available. GrandPrix add the Engine View and an extended OBD overlay. Petrolhead has the basic OBD overlay only.

To update, follow LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

All LapTimer editions support OBD, they just vary be the feature set available. GrandPrix adds the Engine View and an extended OBD overlay. Petrolhead has the basic OBD overlay only.

To update, follow LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toolo4sno
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toolo4sno »

Harry can you explain what the Engine View feature does? I need something to monitor (thru OBDII) RPM and other engine data and output an excel spread sheet with the information. Basically the same thing I do with HLT at the track, but in this case where ever I am as long as I have OBD sensor connected to HLT through Bluetooth. I'd also to not be dependent on a start finish line or track to produce the data; like using a start/stop button. Does Engine View in Grand Prix mode do this?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can record engine data with or without Engine View. To do this, enable Manual Timing in LapTimer’s Settings. This will give you Start / Stop buttons in Timer and other views. You can use them to record arbitrary drives.

To analyze the data recorded in Excel, export the recording to CSV. It includes GPS, IMU, tires, and engine data.

Engine View is a real time display of engine / OBD data. It is an extensive and detailed display of most channels retrieved from OBD.

Harry
Image Image Image Image