Missing Lap Start/Stop

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Missing Lap Start/Stop

Post by franman »

Strange problem today at Lime Rock. This is the track we visit most often. I'm running Harrys Ver 22.1.4 on an iPhone Xr IOS 12.2. This was my first track day this season, so I'm sure there's been a few updates for HLT since last August.

I set everything the way I normally do: Internal Video, Auto Select Track and Auto Start Video from Preview window... I glanced at the phone during the warm up lap and it was recording and looked normal. My first session recorded multiple laps but they are totally out of sync and inconsistently out of sync. Start/Finish line is all over the place. Tried to resync and got no where.

I restarted the software for my next session.. ONce again everything looked "normal" on the warm up lap, but no laps got recorded. I stopped manually (Green STOP button Video) at the end of the session as I always do... There was one lap listed and no video available associated with that lap.

Third session, I got video, but no laps.... What the heck?? This has always been kinda idiot proof.. just works (for the last seven years or so)... Thoughts?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing Lap Start/Stop

Post by Harry »

Probably an issue with you database. Have you ran Administration ‣ Databases ‣ Check Data?
Image Image Image Image
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

database checked, no problems discovered
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

database checked, no problems discovered
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please export your last track day to a HLPTRL and send it to harry@gps-laptimer.de. Please add a reference to this thread. I will check if I can see anything.

LapTimer v23 will get available the next days. I’m not aware of a particular issue like that you ran into (except bad GPS accuracy and problems with track sets), but it may behave different nevertheless. So even if you do not want to further troubleshoot this last track day, please come back if this happens again for v23.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

Of course I will try with v23... just fiy, track addict worked without issues... thanks Harry..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

franman wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:46 pm Of course I will try with v23... just fiy, track addict worked without issues... thanks Harry..
As always, this doesn't say too much. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

I sent two database files. I could not find a way to "export your last track day to a HLPTRL". I hope the info helps.