How to adjust the lap sync point

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
psantosl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How to adjust the lap sync point

Post by psantosl »

Hi there,

I'm a user of Harry's Laptimer Grand Prix Edition and I'm trying to export a video and I got this:

"Number of laps available for multi lap overlays reduced due to inconsistent sync points. Please adjust the lap's sync point and agree to adjust the full session".

Well, I don't know how to "adjust the lap's sync point", I'm afraid :?

Background:
* Motorbike track day in Jarama circuit, Madrid, Spain, last Thursday.
* I recorded a few laps with my iPhone camera, from Harry's Laptimer.
* When I try to export, I get the previous message.
* The exported video, indeed, shows strange things: the position in the overlay doesn't match where I am really in the circuit in the video.
* Version 22.1.4

Thanks!

pablo
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to adjust the lap sync point

Post by Harry »

The warning message can have two possible reasons:

1) you deleted one of the laps in the session creating a gap in a continuous flow of recordings
2) you run into an issue with LapTimer v22 that will be fixed in v23

In any case you can ignore this message. LapTimer will simply reduce the laps selectable for a session length video overlay export. You can overlay all others by selecting one of them directly from Lap List. Sample: laps #1 to 9 recorded for a session (one video), lap #4 has been deleted; when selecting lap #1 ‣ Video / Export, you will get the named message and LapTimer will allow you to extend the range to lap #1 to lap #3 only; select lap #5 from Lap List and LapTimer will allow you to overlay laps #5 to #9.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

On the "strange things": please check the data of your recordings (Lap List ‣ lap by lap ‣ Data Recordings). Do you see full any nice track shapes? Adjusting sync point manually should be the thing to try. To do this, select the session video from Video List, scroll to the bottom and find the laps associated. Tap any of the laps you can identify in the video and follow instructions shown. Always allow LapTimer to adjust the full session afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
psantosl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by psantosl »

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed :-)
franman
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by franman »

I had the same problem today (first time ever had this issue). Also, unable to see list of laps even though I recorded two sessions at Lime Rock which is the track I go to most often. Got the same message but was unable to set sync points and salvage any more than one lap at a time. (ugh).

What (when) is this version v23 you speak of to be available?? I'm running on Apple XR with IOS 12.2... HLT 22.1.4 Petrolhead

Thanks!!
Harry wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 am The warning message can have two possible reasons:

1) you deleted one of the laps in the session creating a gap in a continuous flow of recordings
2) you run into an issue with LapTimer v22 that will be fixed in v23

In any case you can ignore this message. LapTimer will simply reduce the laps selectable for a session length video overlay export. You can overlay all others by selecting one of them directly from Lap List. Sample: laps #1 to 9 recorded for a session (one video), lap #4 has been deleted; when selecting lap #1 ‣ Video / Export, you will get the named message and LapTimer will allow you to extend the range to lap #1 to lap #3 only; select lap #5 from Lap List and LapTimer will allow you to overlay laps #5 to #9.

- Harry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Soon.
Image Image Image Image